candy2o additives

D

doubleE

I have a couple ?
I will be working with the candy20
If I want it to flow nicer
I need to add 4030 intercoat and also I use that between each coat of candy to prevent bleed throw
when using the 4030 between coats there no reducing
4030 is a mixture of 10-20%
also I need to add the 4012 reducer and that is a 10-20%

last thing not same ? but I have a badger 150 and I have air coming out of the trigger on top

the 4030 in-between coats will not stop bleed through. you need to use 4004, a colorless transparent base. also, i believe you can only use this once between candy2o coats not over and over.
to increase flow, add 4020 automotive reducer , ~10% or i guess 4012 would work.
zonker

what I read was saying is the 4030 makes it act like urethane a better flow
so what do I use between I dont want to clear each doing true fire
and I have a badger 150 looking for the gasket at tip need number cant find any help

You must use the 4030 with candy20, it gives the analine dye of the candy20 its 'body', stabilises, is a flow enhancer and adhesion promoter. Use at least the recommended amount, however, I find 1:1 works best through an airbrush, and speeds up drying time between layers considerably, allowing for quicker building of layers.

You add the 4030, then reduce the combined mixture with 4012 (the two products are not the same) if necessary. 4020 can be added for flow in difficult conditions i.e very hot or cold.

As mentioned above 4030 should not be used as an intercoat for candy20 - it does not stop bleed through. You need a dissimilar product, the trans base or clear coat. It was originally labelled intercoat clear, and that old info is still out there to confuse things. But it is now called mix additive/balancing clear, and can also be used to aid flow with other createx lines, as ot emulsified the paint for better flow

Candy 2.0 is an aniline dyes concentrate. Its a little different to use than the normal paint

Add 30 - 50% per volume 4030 Balancing Clear additive (it is not an intercoat) for spray performance.
lower the viscosity by reducing with 4012 High Performance Reducer 10-30% as required.

Auto-Air 6000 AutoBorne Transparent Sealer is recommended for stopping bleed through.

The 4020 automotive reducer contains acetone: Use only in controlled spray environments (spray booth) with adequate ventilation and a NIOSH / MSHA approved respirator

I'll get clarification on how many times the 6000 sealer can be used and update.

As for your badger issue have you contacted Badger ? They can give you the exact number you need

I am fixing the badger tip problem, I am just ordering the complete tip assembly with another needle just for $4 more
other badger 150 still blowing air but a airbrush

ok so
candy2o reduce with 30 - 50% of 4030 and 10-30% with 4012
then go with auto-air 6000 between colors
does the 6000 need to be reduced
Auto-Air Colors 6000 AutoBorne Transparent Sealer

then after final color I will clearing the panel with urethane clear

Last edited by a moderator:
For the 6000
  • Reduce 10% per volume 4012 High Performance Reducer
  • Apply with a 1.3 – 1.4 tip-size gun operated ~ 20 – 23 psi
All the info is direct from the Createx website.

@Squishy used 1:1 candy and 4030 for the Phoenix she recently did and had great results.

All reductions of any product are only ever the recommended starting point and should be adjusted to suit your individual weather conditions

Glad you've got the badger sorted

I have a couple ?
I will be working with the candy20
If I want it to flow nicer
I need to add 4030 intercoat and also I use that between each coat of candy to prevent bleed throw
when using the 4030 between coats there no reducing
4030 is a mixture of 10-20%
also I need to add the 4012 reducer and that is a 10-20%

last thing not same ? but I have a badger 150 and I have air coming out of the trigger on top
You use Transparent base between color if you do not want bleed through . If you use the intercoat it will allow it to re-activate the under layers and you will get color bleeding.
Also you have to mix the CandyO2 in Intercoat clear just like you have to mix the KK and intercoat clear in urethane . It has to have a carrier.

I spray Candy20 through my patriot all the time.....I mix 30-50% with 4030 and around 10-20% 4012 reducer or 4020 automotive reducer depending on the substrate. I find the 4020 works better on plastics. Build up your layers allowing each to dry. It will loose its sheen when dry....

I looked up the 6000 sealer and can not find info on mix /reduction
how long to you have before you have to sand sealer
i am wondering if I dont get the hole job completed in one day can I just go over the sealer with no problems the next day

Thanks I will check into it
I was on the site but not that page

Well I did my homework
I just want to make sure I have it correct

1. candy2o /4012 / 4030
2. Sealer 6000 /4012 between coats so no bleeding of color
3. Let it dry 48 hours /can't clear sooner
4. Wipe with degreaser
5. Clear with urethane
Will the candy look good since 6000 turns matte
Just being over concerned

Guys thanks for the knowledge

It should all look clear and glossy when you reach the finished item. But Prep work is the key to any paint job.

Cool thanks now I feel better with the knowledge
Last thing I have to wait 48 to clear
yes prep is real important

Cool thanks now I feel better with the knowledge
Last thing I have to wait 48 to clear
yes prep is real important
I do mainly cause I want to make sure the paint is cured 100%. Being a waterborne paint humidity can make it take longer to cure 100%.
But if you have a climate controlled booth with heat and air movement you can clear sooner.

You may want to do your own test panel, but when I used the Candy20 1:1 with the 4030, and a small amount of 4012, i found if I sprayed just air in between light layers (you can see it turn matte) it dried almost instantly, and I could add the next layer right away. I have been able to tape over it immediately too, and remove it with no issues, and also cleared within half an hour. It worked for me, but as I say, worth testing to see how it behaves in your conditions. I have spent quite a long time experimenting with this stuff, and this is what works for me.

After watching the latest Coast airbrush live at five, you might be interested in checking out the latest createx product (I should be on commission lol) It is the 4040, and I believe is called something like Bleed Check clear, a barrier to stop bleeding between Candy20 layers. The trans base works very well, 2 light coats is all it takes. This however has a gloss finish. It will become available within the next couple of weeks.

After watching the latest Coast airbrush live at five, you might be interested in checking out the latest createx product (I should be on commission lol) It is the 4040, and I believe is called something like Bleed Check clear, a barrier to stop bleeding between Candy20 layers. The trans base works very well, 2 light coats is all it takes. This however has a gloss finish. It will become available within the next couple of weeks.

Just when I didn't have anything on my shopping list :confused:

I have asked whether this can be used on multiple layers - hoping someone will get back to me.

You may want to do your own test panel, but when I used the Candy20 1:1 with the 4030, and a small amount of 4012, i found if I sprayed just air in between light layers (you can see it turn matte) it dried almost instantly, and I could add the next layer right away. I have been able to tape over it immediately too, and remove it with no issues, and also cleared within half an hour. It worked for me, but as I say, worth testing to see how it behaves in your conditions. I have spent quite a long time experimenting with this stuff, and this is what works for me.

is there somewhere i can watch this announcement or was it a tune in and watch?
zonker

Back