candy2o question

L

Lonekimono

could anyone tell me how they get the colors so vibrant and reflective? I would like to be able to paint an American flag with the candy colors and have it really reflective. I know they use the aluminum base with candy2o.

Attachments

• p-18014-candy_4657_Caribe_Blue__86848.jpg
    p-18014-candy_4657_Caribe_Blue__86848.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 17
The sample you've posted is candy 2.0 on a ground aluminum panel. No aluminum base (paint) was used

Ok so you really can't get that look with just the paint then? Without using that aluminum panel?

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think candy 2.0 is a dye and that's why it's so vibrant since light is actually going threw the candy and reflecting off the base coat.
You could get pretty close to the example with a silver or white base coat. Mess around with it and see which you prefer.

I don't know if you could get the look of the grinding if you masked and sprayed the silver base in different directions? Never tried it but someone may have and can say if it worked or not.

Lee

I think if it was masked the lines would be way to sharp/hard. You could always airbrush silver lines over a white base to get the lines or do a raised edge mask to soften the lines up if that's the look your going for.

Candy over metal flake looks awesome. Its a bit of a different look as the light is refracted differently than ground metal, but still way cool and very vibrant.

thanks for all the input! I will have to try the metal flake.

Back