CentralPnumatic (off brand cheapie)

Cpt.Nemo

Gravity Guru
So I've added another cheapie to my collection of 1. Had the master g22 which was actually pretty decent to start with. I wanted something to shoot clear coat through and not feel bad if it gets messed up. At $20 from harbor freight this seemed decent. Needless to say the glass jar is about the most expensive thing on the brush.
8d93292aabd5b3c05f57bec1c2307662.jpg

I've always wanted to try a siphon feed but didn't want to shell out major coin for one. The flow seems pretty consistent at 30psi and the jar holds 3/4 of an oz. Feels like it would be good for tattoos as color change is easy. The detail is horrible at about 1/16-1/8". Not for art work that's for sure. I'm sure most of you guys will hate me for buying so cheap, but I think this will be a good beater brush for priming/clear coat/backgrounds/areas that need large coverage. Just throwing it out there in case anyone has ever thought of trying one of these. I would NOT recommend for doing any detail work whatsoever and certainly not as a main brush. Any thoughts on these crappy things? Feel free to criticize lol

no criticism from me, you're not expecting it to perform like a micron, so for things like temp tattoos, primer etc I don't see a problem,

Well it's definitely not a clear coat brush. It's too HPLV and not enough HVLP. There's now a Clear coat cloud swallowing my garage. Cheap harbor freight HVLP mini spray gun works great though and is still under $20. Sending this brush back to primer and background colors

I have 2... the first one i bought was higher quality than the second. It actually has been rocksolid reliable. And i have sprayed thinned craft paints with it.. not had it out in a while but really cannot complain about it. It atomizes well actually. Ive been meaning to alter the nozzle to expose the needle.

I was surprised how well this atomized! Thought it would just start spitting paint out but it was a pretty fine mist

I bought a Central Pnuematic hvlp ? Gun and was very pleased with the performance, I painted my last boat project withit, I just don't look for it to last to long as it is made very cheaply.

I bought a Central Pnuematic hvlp ? Gun and was very pleased with the performance, I painted my last boat project withit, I just don't look for it to last to long as it is made very cheaply.

I hear ya. I don't expect my cheap junk to last long either. I just hope it'll carry me through so I can justify buying a decent set of airbrushes at some point. I'm like at the crayon stage at the moment.

This central pneumatic isn't as good as my master g22 airbrush for $20. The g22 is a rip off of iwata I think but it was great to start with. Don't regret having it

This central pneumatic isn't as good as my master g22 airbrush for $20. The g22 is a rip off of iwata I think but it was great to start with. Don't regret having it

Yeah, I'm happy with my stuff because it's not even 6 months old yet and I haven't abused the heck out of it. When I was working on the leather jacket, I noticed the compressor was getting warmer than I think it should. That might be my first replacement.

Right now, I can't tell if the screwups are the cheap brush or my lack of skill. Kinda suspecting the latter, as recently I haven't had any problems with spitting or blurping. I might be getting better at it...

I think it's just practice unless your doing super tiny detail. That's where the good brushes come in handy. Good paint helps a lot too even with the crappy brush

Yeah, I'm happy with my stuff because it's not even 6 months old yet and I haven't abused the heck out of it. When I was working on the leather jacket, I noticed the compressor was getting warmer than I think it should. That might be my first replacement.

Right now, I can't tell if the screwups are the cheap brush or my lack of skill. Kinda suspecting the latter, as recently I haven't had any problems with spitting or blurping. I might be getting better at it...

The compressors do get hot, you could have a fan blowing on it to help heat dissipation. The cheaper airbrushes sometimes perform really well, it depends if you get a good one or not, they do not have consistent build quality. I've had a few Chinese copies of the Iwata and they have been ok, especially after i've polished the needle and messed about with them. You will however notice the difference if you get a good quality AB be it a Badger, Iwata, H&S.. It will be the same story with a compressor.

Lee

Thanks. I'm gonna go look up "polishing airbrush needles." The two gravity feed brushes I've used are good ones, I think. Spidering and that stuff is on me, but when I really concentrate I can get a fine line freehand, which is kind of astounding. :)

I Bought a few grinders and such from H.F. we called them throw away grinders as soon as it quit working throw it out and get another at the price you can get them for why not? lasted about a year under hard use!

Nooo, just going on my experience with the cheapo brushes. :) I've been looking through the posts now seeing if i've missed something.

Lee

Let me rip this grave open and say I use this as my main airbrush, love it for the price but sems your right about the comparison for quality control maybe I came across one that was well built I've found polishing the needle and making a spring clip also making the vent on the glass container bigger (slightly) helped dramatically for some thin lines at a low pressure since I spray at about 10-20 psi with thinned down wicked and createx paints. This gun is very sensitive to pressure and if you are doing it wrong, it'll let you know quick. Thinking the outermost nozzle shield/tip needs to be trimmed down a bit closer to expose the needle, has anyone ever done that mod?

Is an iwata better? Duh.
A badger ... by far.. better.
But if your just getting into it and really want to save money I wouldn't tell someone to not buy it, but there are better options. Maybe because I have an artistic and automotive painting background it was easier to apply those skills to this entry level airbrush but I kinda dig it, and it's worked for me for a while and did some really cool projects with it. HF has very few decent things, this is one of them.
Still want a better airbrush to make my job easier though- just saying haha

Back