Cheap airbrush paints

P

Peter1985

Been using wicked createx paints. I think they are great when reduced. The only problem is paints in Aus are so exspensive and looking at us stores comparied to the aus stores the us is more value for money. Does anyone know of any stores in the aus that are at a reasonable price and plz dnt say airbrush mega store i think the store is great and i purchase from them but i think they are a tad expensive or are there any home brews to paints all options open.

I have some of the newer Jarcquard airbrush paint and it flows nice and for what you get 2oz of createx for you get 4 Oz of Jarcquard, I like the way this new paint sprays the old style was junk

I have some of the newer Jarcquard airbrush paint and it flows nice and for what you get 2oz of createx for you get 4 Oz of Jarcquard, I like the way this new paint sprays the old style was junk
Hey thank you so much. Do you have any links to where you buy your paint from. I only paint on canvas and board

I've done some checking,

Based on one bottle of createx wicked, 2oz white:
Coast air brush, US$4:75 (post to Aus ~ $35 + last time I checked. The '' Free shipping" banner on their site, that only applies within the US.)
Airbrush Megastore AUS$7.75 (post Australia wide ~$9.90)

current conversion rate makes Coast Air, AUS$6.37 so its only $1.38 cheaper. factor in the time delay, potential lost /damaged package, then factor in freight (Aus $35+ )
Even if you bought the full set of 27 bottles of Wicked from Coast, I don't think any saving would be worth worrying about.

Last edited:
Problem is if you want to use good high quality paint you pay a bit extra but there are options. Buying in bulk and using uro's or auto acrylics which can be sourced reasonably cheap and it sprays oh so nice but will kill you basically LOL but PPE can be worn, just change the substrate to metal panels and some very realistic paintings with lots of depth can be done, or go into inks, a good source of them are in most aussie art supply shops and is art spectrum, also sprays very nice, TOP is another reasonably based paint/ink style and they also do auto styled paints I believe now and can be found at Airbrush Focus but they're prices have gone up a little to but its very nice canvas paint and in bulk sets can be very reasonable still on price. Higher end the paint generally the smoother it flows due to its more expensive pigments or grinds of those pigments so you may want to stick with el primo paints but really just depends what you want to do with them. I myself generally will use anything on canvas and as most do here with higher reductions we essentially are creating more washes or inks to paint with as high reduction painting is very similar to how inks apply, add some white to that ink and you get more back to a thicker feeling paint but not the best application for auto work, for that I prefer auto specific style paints.

I've done some checking,

Based on one bottle of createx wicked, 2oz white:
Coast air brush, US$4:75 (post to Aus ~ $35 + last time I checked. The '' Free shipping" banner on their site, that only applies within the US.)
Airbrush Megastore AUS$7.75 (post Australia wide ~$9.90)

current conversion rate makes Coast Air, AUS$6.37 so its only $1.38 cheaper. factor in the time delay, potential lost /damaged package, then factor in freight (Aus $35+ )
Even if you bought the full set of 27 bottles of Wicked from Coast, I don't think any saving would be worth worrying about.

Good work. You have to do your homework. Small savings like that is not worth the time and possible headaches.

Good work. You have to do your homework. Small savings like that is not worth the time and possible headaches.

Seems a good saving to me? Although you can find cheaper postage rates from America and if buying a kit it may not be too much different but by the bottle I'd stay in Aus :) We do though forget at times the airbrush can push nearly any paint and paint types of nearly any variety can be adapted to airbrushing, some well, some so not well but and instead tend to buy what others use or buy and it costs money to keep up with the Jones.

Back