Cheap candy concentrate

But in that regard, what would you use for a top finishing coat for wicked or auto-air

As Mr Micron said, you can use any 2k clear. I really like House of Kolor UC-35 best as far as workability and burying graphics. It buffs easy and sprays like a dream. Seems to be harder for me to run. I will do 3 or 4 medium coats and let it cure for a day or 2. Then colorsand it and over reduce it a little bit for a flow coat. Some people use the USC-01 for the flow coat but I just over reduce and shoot the UC-35. I like another product by Painter's Pride called Wham-Bam.

http://www.painterspride.com/Product.139910.aspx

The Wham-Bam seems to skin over quicker with is good as I spray it in my garage where dust can be an issue. You can go pretty heavy on both the UC-35 and Wham-Bam without runs. The clarity is good on both as well and the Wham-Bam doesn't break the bank. I used it on my old Harley Sportster that seen me slosh gas on it many times after fueling up after an extended stay at the bar or 2. The Wham-Bam is a panel clear but since I only do smaller things like bikes or helmets, it works great for me. Not sure how it would do on an entire car or truck though as I do not have the environment conducive for such a large item.

I had been wondering about the Wham-Bam so now I may give it a go on some tanks I have coming up .
Like the airbrush guy UC-35 is my go to I have used the usc-01 a couple of times due to customer requesting it be used as a final coat (damn interweb make everyone think they know how to paint a car) but it does put more money in my pocket due to the 1 gallon minimum change I put on things like that . :D

Thanks for all the useful suggestions, I appreciate the feedback

Someone said pigment in here, which wouldnt work, candy is dye based. There is UV resiatant ink for printer refills you can use as well and mix your own colours from.

Any 2 part clear, research isocyanates, VOC filters don't last long with them, as well as charcoal filters last about 3 days when exposed to air, so replace them right before clear coating and then toss them. Really nasty stuff

Back