Cheap cnc for mylar?

The laser thing the stiffness wouldnt really matter, or the stepper motor power I guess, just the laser power. No clue on that part.

Id guess Marcos' post would be more useful there
you gave a lot of use full information. I send that guy for 260 euros engraver a mail. He sad I could cut veneer(google translator translated like that from furnir :)), but something which is harder than veneer wouldn't be possible.

That laser @MarcosD posted is now on my list of things to buy for my 6040.
I really love that machine. After mods its stiff enough to work with a lot of metal, yet I can slap whatever cutter or laser or heated nozzle for 3d printing or whatever I want on it and make it do what I want.

If you do end up with any kind of CNC I have a list of free programs for you that can accomplish quite a bit.

That laser @MarcosD posted is now on my list of things to buy for my 6040.
I really love that machine. After mods its stiff enough to work with a lot of metal, yet I can slap whatever cutter or laser or heated nozzle for 3d printing or whatever I want on it and make it do what I want.

If you do end up with any kind of CNC I have a list of free programs for you that can accomplish quite a bit.
Thanks Robby. I am gonna see what will happen with my cuter and if needed I will invest money in to cnc. I hope I can use Illustrator stuff with it. That would be awesome.

I am no expert by any means but I have a US Cutter MH-721 vinyl plotter and it will cut a wide range of materials and thicknesses with adjustments to blade depth and pressures but depends on the cutter you have.

I am no expert by any means but I have a US Cutter MH-721 vinyl plotter and it will cut a wide range of materials and thicknesses with adjustments to blade depth and pressures but depends on the cutter you have.
I have cameo 3.Mylar thickness in my local store is 0,175 mm. Is that thick? -.-

thats 7 mil, pretty standard for stencil material. Probably will fall right into what that guy was saying about him and his wife cutting with their cameo.

thats 7 mil, pretty standard for stencil material. Probably will fall right into what that guy was saying about him and his wife cutting with their cameo.
I hope this works. Cause I am weeding stencil like 2 hours, 2 coffees and few smokes later and I am still not done. I can't imagine I would need to do this few times per day.

I have cameo 3.Mylar thickness in my local store is 0,175 mm. Is that thick? -.-
The vinyls I am using are 3 mil/4 mil thick for masking and or mapping paint work. But I know a Cameo will do the thicker stencil material it just takes practice when using different materials.

The vinyls I am using are 3 mil/4 mil thick for masking and or mapping paint work. But I know a Cameo will do the thicker stencil material it just takes practice when using different materials.
Hey thx for ideas. I usually use vinyl, but today i had design which took me long time to weed. I am trying to get around that kinda situation. I am trying to figure it out how to get reusable stencils.

I have good experience with oramask stencil vinyl.

Hey thx for ideas. I usually use vinyl, but today i had design which took me long time to weed. I am trying to get around that kinda situation. I am trying to figure it out how to get reusable stencils.

I have good experience with oramask stencil vinyl.
If you have the design, you can always ask laser cutter business to burn it for you, they do that work and are very cheap!

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

If you have the design, you can always ask laser cutter business to burn it for you, they do that work and are very cheap!

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk
Thanks, I was under the impression they are expensive.

Thanks, I was under the impression they are expensive.
Nop, they are relatively cheap, where I live everything is very expensive, but they cut my 3d Printer panels, 40cm x 45cm (6 in total) in 6mm MDF for only 35U$!! They will charge you the amount of lineal meters plus the amount of times they have to pass to cut it according your material thickness!!

Nop, they are relatively cheap, where I live everything is very expensive, but they cut my 3d Printer panels, 40cm x 45cm (6 in total) in 6mm MDF for only 35U$!! They will charge you the amount of lineal meters plus the amount of times they have to pass to cut it according your material thickness!!
Thank you. I am gonna call around and see how much they wanna.

Back