Cheap Compressor Tank

P

Phoenix

For those of us that have a compressor that did not come with a storage tank this is one solution that I use.
A 4 kilo gas bottle and some fittings and about 10 minutes work!
2012-03-07 23.28.01.jpg

How long does the tank last before the compressor kicks on again. I have that same compressor and basically the same set up. Mine is piped into a two gallon compressor tank that i had from and old one. It doesnt last long before it kicks on again and the compressor can only fill it up to about 30 psi.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

My compressor will pump it to 45 psi and kicks in about every 2 to 3 mins depending on psi at the brush.

Be careful with that though guys, those smaller compressors arent meant to work that hard and refilling that tank multiple times can cause your compressor to overheat. my first.compressor was like 40 bucks, a husky 1.5 gal tank, and they even threw in a cheapo single action airbrush plus accesories like a blow gun, tire guage, etc.. Just shop smart, if noise isnt a factor its the way to go.

Yep thats what mine does. Doesnt give that little compressor a big enough break, i burnt two of them up in a year. Did you get that from tcpglobal. Thats where i get most of my supplies

Nope actually at home depot. See my thing is im a compulsive.buyer. I seen a guy airbrushing on the construction site. Said he works steady all year at 60 an hour! Mind you I sanded, primed.and basecoated thhe wall for him to just come.airbrush. And I make twenty an hour less! I bought an airbrush on my way home. Lol. Anyways I got swindled into a cheap (200$) silent compressor at the art store. little did I know it couldnt even handle a siphon fed airbrush. Burnt out after 4 hours that same night. I went to home depot bought the cheapest compressor I saw, still works to this day. Of course I upgraded but who doesnt. Got a back up now just in case... Maybe this should go under learned the hardway thread lol o_O

I have used this setup for a year now and had no problems at all the compressor runs nice and cool .

Nope actually at home depot. See my thing is im a compulsive.buyer. I seen a guy airbrushing on the construction site. Said he works steady all year at 60 an hour! Mind you I sanded, primed.and basecoated thhe wall for him to just come.airbrush. And I make twenty an hour less! I bought an airbrush on my way home. Lol. Anyways I got swindled into a cheap (200$) silent compressor at the art store. little did I know it couldnt even handle a siphon fed airbrush. Burnt out after 4 hours that same night. I went to home depot bought the cheapest compressor I saw, still works to this day. Of course I upgraded but who doesnt. Got a back up now just in case... Maybe this should go under learned the hardway thread lol o_O

sorry arritated the tcp global comment was for phoenix, but anyway thats cool!! those little compressors are good only for litte stuff like models and cars, I NOW KNOW THIS FROM EXPERIANCE, LOL!! I since have bought a 6 gallon pancake, i only had one because when i bought my DAGR airbrush and it was 50 bucks more for compressor to come with it! TCP GLOBAL, is awesome for those who dont know about them, they sent new compressors in a matter of days and let me keep the old ones for parts, they come with a two year warranty. Ha you wanna know the best part about me getting the DAGR, i ordered the AB, hose and compressor... AB was $140.. with compressor kit!$190. the box came and it seemed a little heavy and big???? opened it up... compressor..check! braided hose...check!....DAGR airbrush....THEY SENT ME 6 of them!!!!. i felt bad so i called them... they said it was their mess up and i could keep them!! JACK POT!! I KEPT 2, PUT THE OTHER 4 ON EBAY FOR 135 A PIECE, TURNED AROUND AND BOUGHT MY MICRON!!!!thank you tcp global!!

6! Wow awesome score!

I just dealt with Jorge at tcpglobal awesome guy he helped me out because I was completely clueless what I needed in my kit. Is the tc-20 a decent compressor? It arrived last night but I haven't set it up yet, I have been to busy reading about pain/thinning lol

6! Wow awesome score!

I just dealt with Jorge at tcpglobal awesome guy he helped me out because I was completely clueless what I needed in my kit. Is the tc-20 a decent compressor? It arrived last night but I haven't set it up yet, I have been to busy reading about pain/thinning lol

Yeah, its a good one.... if you are painting for hours it will get extremely hot. The tank will help but make sure you drain the water out every week. I took the connector hose of and replaced it with a piece of clear poly flow so i could see if the pump was hot and pushing the condensate into the tank so i would stop and let it cool. But they are ok for the price. If you do this a lot you will want to get a bigger one.

Before i purchased it, i read around and it seemed a lot of people liked it. I figured the bursh in the kit would be swapped out for something better once i get the hang of it, but at least i could have a compressor for a while. I guess the compressor will be swapped out as well down the road lol

Back