Cheap paint mixer V.2

AndreZA

Air-Valve Autobot!
On the back of my other paint mixer http://www.airbrushforum.org/threads/cheap-paint-mixer.12102/, I realised not everybody has a battery powered eraser. So I came up with this idea.

I picked up a milk frother from the China mall for less than $2.

The problem with them is the head. That spring will hold a lot of paint. And it is pretty big and might not fit into small paint container. So to start, just clip it off with a pair of pliers.

No measure the size of the smallest container you have and just shape the end.

Time to test. Here I used flesh coloured acrylic ink that has been standing for a few month,

Just cup your hand over the opening not to spray the the whole area with paint in case you lift the mixer too far out.

After about 10 seconds, the paint was mixed.

This particular model came with a small stand. Not even necessary to remove the stand when mixing the paint.

And there you go. Cheap paint mixer ready to spring into action when you need it.

Cool Ideal . I have been putting my Dremel tool to use for this but that is because I already had a couple laying around.

That's what I used to make mine, I just pushed a bottle stopper that came with the com art paint onto it and that stops any splash backs out of the bottle.

Back