Chicago airbrush supply review

Michal

Gravity Guru
Hi all!
So I ordered createx illustration paints from this retailer about 3 months ago, i ordered and paid for 2oz bootles and they send me 1oz... so after 2 weeks i received another parcel with another set of 1oz paints, i was goin to write about it on forum back then but i thought OK, mistakes are common. but last week I ordered a new nozzle and 2 needles which i expexted to be delivered today, maybe tomorrow but today i received an email from them saying that needles i ordered are out of stock so i will have to wait at least another 2 weeks....
So big NO NO from me for CHICAGO AIRBRUSH SUPPLY

Ohh, thats a bummer!! Sorry about the bad luck. I order from them so much that they will call me if there is a problem. You should have called when you only got the 1oz bottles right away. Sometimes, I think they have hired new people, because of the way the items were packed, or half packed

It's inconvinient for sure when stuff like that happens but to be honest it both are things that can happen.

They corrected their mistake with the paint, and informed you (within a reasonably short time as it seems) about the needles (I sometimes help out in an airbrush store, these generaly aren't wallmart's but small businesses meaning they can't keep a lot of stock so sometimes they run out of stuff)

I have no afiliation what so ever with that store, but reading your post I have the exact opposite reaction and think nice service, correting mistakes and keeping their custommers informed :p

i would say 5 hours is a short time to respond and say needles are out of stock.... it sounds like this has taken 5 days or more to inform..... in my book that is not good service at all. Michal could of ordered from somewhere else and had them in his hands already. just out of interest bro, why order from the states when you could of got whatever you need from the u.k or Europe.

pete millichamp at gt Yarmouth or foxy studio would have everything you need?

i would say 5 hours is a short time to respond and say needles are out of stock.... it sounds like this has taken 5 days or more to inform..... in my book that is not good service at all. Michal could of ordered from somewhere else and had them in his hands already. just out of interest bro, why order from the states when you could of got whatever you need from the u.k or Europe.

pete millichamp at gt Yarmouth or foxy studio would have everything you need?
hi m8, I ordered from US because it worked out a lot cheaper =) around 20-30 pounds less but if i knew i will have to wait soo long i would just buy in europe =( they should have info on website which items are out of stock

Getting an email about an item being out of stock a day before you were expecting the item to arrive is completely unacceptable! The paint is a forgivable mistake. The severely delayed out of stock notice is not especially if they already charged you.

Thanks for the info. I know where I'll never order from.

generally I have had good luck with them. I have also encountered the "out of stock" situation where I had to wait longer then I would have liked. I also just got some Illustration paint myself and for some reason one of the two sets had the W500 reducer not the Illustration reducer. I emailed them and they responded within 24 hours. Said the would look into it. Generally speaking though I use them a lot. They often have sales of 10-15%. That itself for me makes it worth the occasional error or wait time when dealing with them and truth be told I don't have issues regularly.

I agree about the late notice email but, can't help but mention, I've ordered 8 to 12 times from them over the past couple
of years and had nothing but good, prompt service. Also, I believe I read a while back, maybe six months ago,
they moved to a new location. Perhaps that move is part of the reason they fell through?

They do have a decent sale most every month and I will continue to buy from them.

Back