For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

Chicago Airbrush

Discussion in 'Open Bar!' started by MeeshellMP, Mar 23, 2017.

1. MeeshellMP

MeeshellMP Goddess Queen of carts Mod

Ok, so, plain and simple...DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!!
    He is taking orders, and NOT filing them. He is also advertising airbrushes for sale, and he doesnt even have them in stock, NOR can he get them because he owes airbrush companies BIG BUCKS! This is not a rumor, but actual fact.
    I unfortunately found this out AFTER I ordered a hose, and quick connect. I have reported them the BBB, anf also contactedy bank to have the order disputed.
    He moved to a new building, and apparently cannot afford that either. So, he claims he ia moving back into the old building. BOTH BUILDINGS ARE CLOSED!! This is really unfortunate because I have ordered thousands of dollars from him in the past...so, tell everyone ya know NOT to place and order!!
  2. Vladimir

Vladimir Mac-Valve Maestro!

Yesterday I received an e-mail about missing items from them. It says it takes a couple of days for the items to arrive and they asked whether I'd wait for the items or what.., I replied I'd wait, so next week (I think) the result can be seen what's really going on...
    I've also paid for the items (PayPal), but not thousands, though hundreds are also money.

At least now three persons from here have troubles with them. So it becomes not a good trend, at the time earlier people had good experience with CAS.

Closed buildings sound no good really.

Have you called and e-mailed them? What do they reply?
    My e-mail is replied in a day after the payment, but not even an e-mail, but order confirmation. Now I'm in waiting for further actions from them.

Who knows, maybe they have temporary problems with the office... It can be.

Everyone who's having problems with them now update the thread for we could find out what is going on. I hope it's only temporary issues as they had real good reputation, at least what I'd read here on the forum. But I also know people ordered from them internationally and everything was good.
  3. ZB DON

ZB DON Young Tutorling

I picked up another Badger Extreme from them it's in the mail today but it took a email in order for it to ship.
    I picked it up for like 89.00 for the St. Patrick's day sale. Thanks for the Heads up though there is another shop that sells on Amazon
    and has their own store called Spray Gunner....

http://spraygunner.com/
  4. tucky

tucky Detail Decepticon!

Agree. I will never order from this company again. Customer service is absolutely the worse. And good luck on getting your product if there is any problems
    MeeshellMP likes this.
  5. MeeshellMP

Its not customer service...its the owner. There is only 2 people working in there. DONT ORDER from him again, and be thankful if you get your order. Ive called, texted, emailed...private messages...nothing working because THEY re not working
    tucky likes this.
  6. tucky

tucky Detail Decepticon!

Had same problem. Just gave up on it
    MeeshellMP likes this.
  7. MeeshellMP

I turned him in...so stupid over an air hose and a quick connect...then he had the nerve to send me an email about his St. Pattys day sale...I responded and said how about ya send me my shitt ya fuckhead!!!
    Russ Allen, jord001 and Malky like this.
  8. Jurien72

Jurien72 Have Airbrush - Will Travel!

A little over a month ago I ordered an airbrush and needle set from them. Got the airbrush after a couple weeks, but no needle set. Finally got through to someone on the phone a couple weeks ago, they informed me the needle would be shipping soon. As of today, no further word from them. Guess I'm in the market for a new supplier!
  9. MeeshellMP

Welp....Chicago Airbrush had announced that they are out of business. SEVERAL people placed orders and are out $$$
  10. JackEb

JackEb The Dragon Hunter Staff Member Admin

That's just down right unethical ! Knowing they were drowing but taking money anyway for goods they don't have in stock !
  11. MeeshellMP

Oh yeah! One guy is out $600!! I tried warning peeps!! He owes Ken (badger airbrushing) lots of $$$
  12. JackEb

JackEb The Dragon Hunter Staff Member Admin

poor Ken,
    I hate it when business go belly up and customers are treated like :poo:.......... without customers they wouldn't have had a business.. show some respect !!
  13. JPulliam

JPulliam Gravity Guru

Where did the announcement appear?
    I have a handheld sheild on backorder. Guess I can just kiss that goodbye.
  14. Jurien72

Jurien72 Have Airbrush - Will Travel!

Seriously!!!??? Geez at least I got my airbrush... feel bad for those who got ripped off.
  15. Vladimir

So, as I've said above I got an e-mail about the "couple of day" delay for the items they don't have in stock. More then a week has passed since then. Yesterday I've sent a message to them to find out what's going on. No replies there.

I've started a dispute on PayPal, hope it will help. I will keep you informed about the process.
    Has someone had a refund for the transaction with them?

Never ordered from them before. Lately I needed some supplies that "were" only at their "shop" in the quantity I need. The same day when ordering from them I ordered from The Merri Artist and I already have a parcel here over the ocean. But from them I've even not indulged to have replies to my messages. I've never met such an attitude from any seller anywhere.
    Seen that "shop" online for many years and couldn't even imagine it's possible to get into such a cr@p, moreover in the US. It's hard to believe.

To anyone that have any thoughts to place order at their site DO NOT DO THAT!

I was ordering from The Merri Artist for the first time 5-6 years ago the service was above all, from Foxy for more than a year - the same situation. I think I'll add to the shop list West Coast as they have the widest range for Iwata parts.
    It would be great for all of you to say some words about good service online shops, so people would not get into any headaches in future.
  16. Maple Art

Maple Art Elite Member! Elite Member!

Vladimir and JackEb like this.
  17. Vladimir

In the case, I suppose it would be better to ask what I was looking for;) As I think it more likely that my money has gone to nowhere:)
    Those were not only parts for microns but also various art supplies and parts.
    It's fun that I've found some Iwata parts I needed only at Coast Airbrush (and nowhere else in US shops, that was really strange for me), but I've discovered availability for those parts only after I'd paid for nothing to those not a single time mentioned here.

And you @Maple Art are from Canada and I suppose my purchase from you including shipping to the US wouldn't beat purchasing in US based shops, as I've made relatively small order from CAS. But anyway, thanx for asking.
    Maple Art likes this.
  18. MeeshellMP

It was announced on Facebook. His last employee spilled the beans. I knew it was coming, and tried to warn as many people as possible. Hes in DEEP to the Airbrush companies. and Yes, his web site is still taking orders, and ya $$$. But your not gonna see any of the products. Have to dispute the $$ with wherever you purchased it. As from what I was told, he couldnt afford his building, so he moved into another,...still not being able to afford the over head, he moved again (within a 2 week span). Then he sent emails out about the St Pattys day sale, took more $$, and then bailed. lost both buildings.
    Vladimir likes this.
  19. JPulliam

JPulliam Gravity Guru

Wow. That just sucks all around. Thanks for the info.
    MeeshellMP likes this.
  20. JPulliam

JPulliam Gravity Guru

Do you know if it was all of his stores? Artsupply.com and Genius Art Supply.
    MeeshellMP likes this.