Cleaning

N

Neural

Ok, so I followed the instructions for using the createx airbrush cleaning fluid. I went as far as to take the needle out, etc. Wiped exterior with microfiber cloth, and so on.

It *appears* to spray completely clear when I run the cleaner through it now, which I've done a few times.

Is there anything else I can do to verify that it's completely clean?

Also, this may be a silly question, but is it safe to run water through it for initially cleaning it out (in order to save on cleaning fluid)? If yes, does it need to be filtered/distilled/tap?

Thanks.

Ok, so I followed the instructions for using the createx airbrush cleaning fluid. I went as far as to take the needle out, etc. Wiped exterior with microfiber cloth, and so on.

It *appears* to spray completely clear when I run the cleaner through it now, which I've done a few times.

Is there anything else I can do to verify that it's completely clean?

Also, this may be a silly question, but is it safe to run water through it for initially cleaning it out (in order to save on cleaning fluid)? If yes, does it need to be filtered/distilled/tap?

Thanks.
I use almost exclusively tapwater. Except for at the very end of a full day of painting. That is of course for water based paints

depending on where you live, the water can be hard. I use bottled/filtered water because the tap water here is a pain.
sometimes warm water with just a drop of dish liquid can be enough to get the stubborn stuff out.

i've heard of various cleaning fluid alternatives that are supposedly more cost effective. non ammonia windex is one, cheapy car windscreen cleaner is another.
when you get a chance buy some Createx restorer, its reusable so its acutally quite economical and if you are having issues despite having cleaned it to within an inch of its life, then dismantling the business end and soaking the bits for a few hours (no rubber in the fluid) before you give it another clean.
Interdental brushes are also a useful thing to have in your cleaning kit, much gentler on the brass nozzle than the so called airbrush cleaning brushes with the wire core.

Ok, good to know. Thank you. :) I have access to filtered water, so will use that for flushing and then a little bit of cleaner followed by another flush to make sure it's clean. Main thing is I want to be able to switch colors, and then also not leave anything inside that will show up later.

I just use warm tap water between colors, end of day, I use non ammonia window cleaner (from the "Dollar" store). Every so often I run them through the ultrasonic cleaner (disassemble the business end, small parts in a plastic container, submerged into the bath, I hold the body nose down in the same container, usually 2 cycles, finish up with the little interdental brushes) then I get to dirty them all over again... A nasty cycle....

I run a little reducer through the brush between colours, give a little back flush and then the same with regular water. Seems to do the trick.

Back