Coast just dropped some Createx bombshells....

Leakyvalve

Mac-Valve Maestro!
On the live at 5 today they showed off some really really cool stuff from Createx.

The now have a chrome effect water based paint. It's 4104 Silver.
They also have a new gloss black base for it and a 4040 special sealing blocking clear. Those won't be in stock for another week.

This stuff mixes with the Candy2O and makes insanely beautiful colors and effects. I'm sure that video will be up on facebook soon or already is.

I've been waiting for this. I have used chrome products in the past, and to be honest, they looked good - for five minutes. But they were pretty fragile, and as soon as you cleared them they dulled. This stuff looks pretty tough, and they have a clear for it, So will be excited to to play with it when it finally crosses the pond, which I'm sure will take a while. Looks like it will stick to anything, should be fun to play with, especially with the anodised look using with Candy20.

And they have developed the 4040 too, which is a bleed clear for the Candy20. The transbase works really well, but this is meant to be a gloss, and if I'm remembering right needs no reduction, so I'm thinking it will find its way to having more uses too.

A little nugget that I was unaware of is the use of 4020 to wipe over as a degreaser/cleaner. Good to know if you get in a tight spot, and have some on hand.

and heres another handy little tip for you.
Add 5% Acetone to 4012 it will emulate the 4020.

** when spraying anything containing acetone make sure you are using the correct respirator (not a dust mask) and have proper ventilation.**

Oooo chrome, i dont have a use for it but one never knows. I was looking at alclad II chrome laquer (for plastic) as that looks a really good chrome effect. I have a gallon of acetone for cleaning up after fibreglass, i will have a try.

Lee

Alclad is awesome stuff. The base layers are what's important--you need a glass smooth finish, and a glossy black undercoat for that high shine. I've also had good luck with Mig's metals, and have Vallejo's new line to try out too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So the new products from Createx don't seem to be in stock or at least online just yet. Only the silver/chrome. And boy is it expensive. $76.50 for 16oz.

No I have not be able to find the 4258 gloss black listed for sell anywhere yet. But yes the Quick Silver does have a cost to it .

having a lot of trouble spraying and reducing createx white airbrush paint anybody got any tips please thank u tony

having a lot of trouble spraying and reducing createx white airbrush paint anybody got any tips please thank u tony
Being this is not the thread for your question Please make a new thread with it and provide a lot more detail.
Like what airbrush are you using being I can't find where you have ever made a proper introduction to see if you had that listed.
What PSI are you trying to use.
I have shot Wicked white and Wicked Detail White through a .15 Infinity with out issue .
Oh and what reduction and air pressure you have used already .
Give us something to start trouble shooting with ..
and location , where you are painting at IE garage , basement , Temps and humidity in you painting space .
All those things do play a part in how paint acts .

While I am on my travels I have ordered just a small bottle of Quicksilver and hope to get it before I come back. I have so many people asking me about touching up chrome paint, that I know I can get my money back - if it is any good of course. But from what I have seen it looks promising. So many kids have scooters or cheaper bikes from china as it's all they can afford, and the chrome paint is rubbish and always comes off, so this will be a cheap fix. I'll let you know what I think a.s.a.p if I get it in time. I only got the small bottle because it is pricey, but you use such a tiny amount, the thinner the better apparently or you lose the chrome look so I figure it will go a long way.

did you get the recommended black base coat with it?
can you mix some chrome with a little bit of candy20 (I believe they say 1:1) to see what the "anodized' look actually looks like?

You can use it over any gloss black, so I haven't got any yet, but I will get some at some point as it will be good to have a waterbourne version, and I am interested in seeing what it is like. I will be playing with the Candy20 for the anodised look for sure. Just hoping the chrome gets delivered here, before I go back to England.

You can use it over any gloss black, so I haven't got any yet, but I will get some at some point as it will be good to have a waterbourne version, and I am interested in seeing what it is like. I will be playing with the Candy20 for the anodised look for sure. Just hoping the chrome gets delivered here, before I go back to England.
It will come the day after you leave LOL :D

Back