Colour theory

So if my Createx spiders then I reduced it too much? Or is my psi to high or too low? current psi on paper medium 20psi reduced 4:1 Reducer 4 paint 1
It’s possible that the pressure is a little high, dropping it could help with spidering. But the speed at which you move the brush has as much to do with it as anything. I can have a mix and pressure that is great, but will spider if I try to put too much in one area too fast. It’s not a lot of help to you at this point, but is an area that is often not spoken about much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s possible that the pressure is a little high, dropping it could help with spidering. But the speed at which you move the brush has as much to do with it as anything. I can have a mix and pressure that is great, but will spider if I try to put too much in one area too fast. It’s not a lot of help to you at this point, but is an area that is often not spoken about much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This too

So if my Createx spiders then I reduced it too much? Or is my psi to high or too low? current psi on paper medium 20psi reduced 4:1 Reducer 4 paint 1
I short you could say, if your paint is spidering, your psi is to high for that paint/reducer ratio, thick paint, higher psi, thin paint low psi. With that said you will also consider what substrate youre painting on, thick sketchpaper will tolerate higher psi since the paper will ”suck up” the paint. A piece of metal, say a motorcycle tank, there the paint can’t go anywhere but out in a spider with to high psi. Hope this helps. [emoji846]

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

I short you could say, if your paint is spidering, your psi is to high for that paint/reducer ratio, thick paint, higher psi, thin paint low psi. With that said you will also consider what substrate youre painting on, thick sketchpaper will tolerate higher psi since the paper will ”suck up” the paint. A piece of metal, say a motorcycle tank, there the paint can’t go anywhere but out in a spider with to high psi. Hope this helps. [emoji846]

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
You are a genius, thank you, you hit the nail on the dot with my blobs. Now I want to go home and paint. its 07h30 Im sitting at work already and only depart at 17h00... gonna be a long day to fix up the spider mudguard.

Back