Com-art Driscoll set

sevastra

Needle-chuck Ninja
I was reading up on how to mix the colors and its said to add i think, 20 drops of one of the flesh tones, and then a drop as needed of the blue addictive to help with the color shift issue.....I realize you are supposed to mix this and then bottle it away, but all my paint bottles are broken * shakes fists* DAMN YOU Hobby lobby products! Is there any other ratio to do this until i get something to hold the paint afterwards?

Also, what do you guys use to hold the paint you mix? I lost a whole batch a while ago because it just dried up, even though the bottle thing said it was for that purpose, or the caps break at the seal. Clearly the universe is against me. :laugh:

Last edited:
I don't know what your' location is Sevastra, but it is possible to buy empty bottles with seals the same size as the bottles your' com-art set assuming it's 25 ml the same as mine, for mixing smaller amounts you can also buy medicine/pill bottles anywhere from 10 - 20 ml

If I do even smaller things I also mix in the cup of my gravity feed airbrsuh.

If you do a google search for some of the stuff I've mentioned you'll be surprised what you can find and how cheap you can get it, even contact lens bottles are an option but I think these could be costly.

Hope this helps

Thanks madbrush, that does help

Am i the only idiot that gets stuck on ratios of 70 percent yellow, 20 percent cobalt blue...10 white , " derp derp, how many is that in drops?" haha

Break it down. Figure how much paint you want in your cup. See how many drops of water or water it takes to get there. Say that's 20 drops. So 100% of 20 drops is what you would use for 70%, 20% and 10%. So that would be 14 drops of yellow, 4 drops of blue and 2 drops of white. Now this would be without the reducer. So then if you do a 1 to 1 that's 40 drops total in your cup. Also don't mix up a bunch of paint and store it with reducer in it. Doesn't have a long shelf life once mixed or exposed to oxygen which starts drying the paint. Mix what you need, and if it's your main skin color then yes you want to mix up enough to have what you need for tinting it and any possible corrections. That just comes with practice knowing how much you need.

Oh and if you have a Sallys beauty supply or something of that nature, they have solvent proof bottles for hair care and acetone. All different sizes and very cheap. I can get two 2 oz bottles for a buck.

Thanks madbrush, that does help

Am i the only idiot that gets stuck on ratios of 70 percent yellow, 20 percent cobalt blue...10 white , " derp derp, how many is that in drops?" haha

I don't know either but it's green, lol

Put your approximate location into your profile, I actually have fun finding stuff for other people relative to their location, especially when someone needs something quickly, it's been said many a time that is one of the best forums around and that is because everyone here is more than happy to help others, criticism is always tasteful and constructive and we can all have a laugh, all of this makes it fun to learn as well as making it a comfortable environment for everyone.

Back