Com Art Gray Scale

yea looks like coast doesn't carry the medium, ill keep looking for a us vendor if worse case ill contact iwata on Monday.

How do you like the Golden? I used their airbrush colors, and mostly liked them. But haven't tried the high flow.

One other point I have for Com-Art: I'm good friends with the Iwata rep for this area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I missed this before.

How do I like the golden.
Actually I like them a lot. They are pretty heavily pigmented so coverage is good. They are somewhat scratchable and erasable. Dry fairly quickly and I don't get any grainy texture.
Water works with them, but I often reduce with w 100 reducer just to make cleanup easier (I hate cleaning airbrushes).
Their transparent are very clean. To be honest I likely use my golden more than any paint. For art. And another big thing for me. They actually list their light fast ratings. Which if you ever go to a gallery, you will quickly find out if you cannot rate something archival (listing paints you use) you become second class to them. This is likely one of the barriers for airbrushing to be accepted
In the art community.
It can be used on hard surfaces, including automotive. To me it is more versatile than wicked Except.. cost which on art really is not a big deal. But it is if you want to base coat something with it.
With that said I use whatever I have and am pretty comfortable switching paints at will. But the high flows are great paints.... And USUALLY I can get them local which is a plus as well.

I've only seen a set of the High Flow primaries at Michaels. But I've got a great art store not too far away that carries the full line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back