For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

Coming full circle

Discussion in 'Open Bar!' started by Neural, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Neural

Neural Gravity Guru

That's understandable. I was speaking originally of doing things in the garage, but our current situation the resin room is inside. We're trying to find a way to keep the garage with enough open space for the car.
    Overall, for now, it seems the only options we have do not involve 2k clear or other volatile methods, so I'm rebuilding my paint booth to change from a downdraft to an updraft.
    No idea if anyone has interest in booth designs, but I'll post progress pictures as I go. In all this junk going on, I am very happy with the primary frame of the booth I made, as it has proven to be as versatile as I had hoped (Tried to design it so fans/filters could be put just about anywhere someone might want).
    SiRoxx likes this.
  2. Neural

Neural Gravity Guru

I'm starting to wonder if there is a way to use statically charged panels to pull things out of the air in the tent as well. Just had two more pours come out with crap in them.

Is it possible that the room we are using is too small? It's a 8' x 6' x 7' high size.

How do auto-painters deal with keeping hair/lint/etc. that floats with human movement out of the paint booths? Do they have an air-lock of some sort, or is the size part of the difference?
  3. erwin de pan

erwin de pan Needle-chuck Ninja

With a good spray booth.
    Filtered Air blown in from above. The floor is a grid where the air / overspray is (sucked) away.
    (there is so much overpressure that you have trouble opening the door to the airlock).
    There is also an adhesive layer on the walls that is regularly replaced.
    And of course also a drying function What heats the cabine from 20c to 60c or more.