Complete Beginner UK

beginner-James

Mac-Valve Maestro!
Hello to all on this fantastic Forum
I didn't introduce my self in the beginning as I wasn't going to stay. I was only on a fact finding mission to purchase materials for my wife's Bday in September as she makes greeting cards (mostly for charity) So what do you get a wife that has everything she needs for card making. A new string to her bow (Air brush) so now she will be able to customise her cards even better from stencils to stamping

Well that was in the beginning but the more and more research I've done the more and more I have enjoyed the learning curve. I used to paint in oils many moons ago even sold some paintings but life got in the way well 20 years later I find my self wanting to learn the medium that is air brushing. as you already know from my other post I have bought a small compressor for the wife. Well I have a large compressor with a 60ltr tank I use in my garage well I've now bought a step down adapter so I can air brush in the kitchen(run air line from the garage to the kitchen) .
I've been watching Fred with his bob cat painting in fact I'm watching as I type this post very very good infact it's bob's fault I'm starting airbrush Very inspirational and a talented man.

anyway I'm James and my wife is Liz we live in the UK Rugby we are booth are in our fifty's.
To start with I'm only going to paint in mono as I love black a white photo's. (I didn't mention I'm a retired photographer. I been the Orlando many time so I have a lot of images from bush gardens and different zoo's manly big cats and sea scape's well I could go on for days and days but will stop their.

Thank you for reading my intro and helping me out now and in the future
James

Glad you’ve decided to stay James! This way you get an official welcome from the South East.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello James from the Uk, i'm also James from the UK so glad you are joining the James from the UK uprising haha.
Look forwards to seeing yours and your wifes progression :D

Well, look at you !!
Came here for one reason and discovered something new lol

Officially welcome from Australia James, with your history of photography and hairy brush painting I dont think you will have a great deal of trouble with compostion of work, values , colour theory etc. What will probably be your biggest hurdle is learning the new tool that will get the images from your head onto your 'canvas'

We are all here when you get stuck, and you will, its the nature of the beast :)

Welcome to the forum from up the m6 in Birmingham. your here now and have made a good intro. You already know that we're here to help and encourage so enjoy your stay, read a lot and if you or the wife get stuck just ask the questions.

Lee

Back