COMPRESSOR DAMAGE POSSIBLE?

A

ac322j

Hi all. I bought a complete set when i first started. The compressor i got is a model tc20t, the one with the tank. Now i dont know if its the brand MASTER or what it came with the kit which had a MASTER ab. But anyways im in South Florida so its kinda hot lol. I do my airbrushing in my carport thats half open and completely shaded. If i do enough painting the compressor would eventually shut off on internal overload(too much heat). SO, i bought a small fan to keep blowing on it to keep it cool. So my question is.... Will this cause any type of damage because its running more even though im keeping it cool? (probably a dumb question) and second since im cooling it down myself with this cause more moisture build up? Will too much moisture build up cause any type of damage? And lastly do i need to replace anything in the moisture trap thats on the tank? Thanks all.

Keeping the external cool won't harm the machine. Moisture build up happens because you are compressing the air, has more to do with humidity in the air than the temperature of the compressor. Drain your air tank at the end of each session and yes a moisture trap is a good idea.

Oh ok well thats helpful thanks. It does have a moisture trap and i also just ordered an in line moisture trap just in case. Thanks for the info.

there is a safety on these things which makes it just shut down due to the heat not due to the time you run it so if you can keep it cool enough its should run forever (I gues they might run out after a century or so due to wear an tear :p)

I run a small desk fan onto my compressor all the time and it seems to do the trick and have no problems [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I run a small desk fan onto my compressor all the time and it seems to do the trick and have no problems [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just keep my compressor in the fridge, it's not so much to keep it cool since I already have the coolest compressor in the world, it's just because the fridge has a light in it and I can see the gauge, the only complaint I've got about my compressor is that its not pink:(

I just keep my compressor in the fridge, it's not so much to keep it cool since I already have the coolest compressor in the world, it's just because the fridge has a light in it and I can see the gauge, the only complaint I've got about my compressor is that its not pink:(
[emoji23][emoji23]

Back