Compressor Pulsing Solution...

A

Atomizer

Hi im getting major pulsing in my fine-line work when using my lil' 1/8 hp HF compressor w/5-10 lbs. air pressure..... Will a longer hose fix this problem? .....If so what length hose should i get?

thanks!:tennis:

Will a longer hose fix this problem? .....If so what length hose should i get?

It may help a bit, but prob won't fix the issue completely, an idea could be to fit a extra air tank to the system as a storage tank if your mechanically minded (I use old gas bottles but they do need to be rigged with a safety release valve and a bi directional inlet/outlet system..Alternatively if you have some tyre tubes hanging around you could blow one up with your pulsing compressor and then attach your hose to the tube valve and the pressure will be constant, if you have an older styled hand pump, you can use the screw on hose of these to jerry rig your air brush to the valve (till it deflates the tyre tube of course, ie the tubes just a basic storage tank but again it would take a redisign on where ya place your regulator and water trap so it comes in after your storage vessel..Easiest way maybe is just buy a cheap tanked air compressor if noise isn't a huge issue...Good luck..

Last edited:
It may help a bit, but prob won't fix the issue completely, an idea could be to fit a extra air tank to the system as a storage tank if your mechanically minded (I use old gas bottles but they do need to be rigged with a safety release valve and a bi directional inlet/outlet system..Alternatively if you have some tyre tubes hanging around you could blow one up with your pulsing compressor and then attach your hose to the tube valve and the pressure will be constant, if you have an older styled hand pump, you can use the screw on hose of these to jerry rig your air brush to the valve (till it deflates the tyre tube of course, ie the tubes just a basic storage tank but again it would take a redisign on where ya place your regulator and water trap so it comes in after your storage vessel..Easiest way maybe is just buy a cheap tanked air compressor if noise isn't a huge issue...Good luck..

I like your tube idea, so are you talking big truck inner-tubes? or are you talkin bicycle innertubes? Your invention might also be a nice compact way to airbrush in remote places without a power source like the beach.....but once i had a bicycle tube blow up on me....my ears were ringing all day:(

LOL, the kids can even use it after ya done :)..M8 obviously the bigger the better, truck or tractor, that way you won'y have to fill it to the point of worrying about it exploding and still get good constant flow for awhile..If ya just painting at home and have an old gas bottle around the make pretty good storage tanks as well for a more perm set-up..Would pay to get it pressure tested though if it has been sitting around for a bit..

Another solution is a water trap. Attach one at the outlet on the compressor. It will alleviate the pulsing :)

Back