Connecting Iwata to California Air Tools?

I also don't have any issues with moisture even though I live in Florida and paint outdoors. I think the long run of hose helps cool the air down before it hits the moisture trap.

Thanks, that's something else I was going to ask about. How long is the hose you're using between the compressor and trap? Outside of this forum, it's hard to sort out all the conflicting information. Makes it hard for someone like myself who knows nothing...half the pictures I see are of filters right on the compressor, and half the info I read says 38 ft are required. I'll be near a window that's going to be cracked in the winter, and your setup obviously is successfully removing water.

To be honest, I'm not really sure how long the hose is. Probably a 50ft hose maybe? I use my compressor for things other than airbrushing, and my setup is just cobbled together to make things work. When I drain my air tank I really don't get more than a few drops of water anyway.

I think the best course of action is to just figure out a setup that looks like it'll work for you, then just address any problems that come up from there. You can research this stuff til the cows come home, and only end up with a big headache!

I just run a standard hose out of the compressor, which hooks up to my regulator/moisture trap by my painting table, which then has a connector for my airbrush hose. It works well for me because my compressor is over by the wall outlet, and its not quite so ear-splitting when I'm painting. I also don't have any issues with moisture even though I live in Florida and paint outdoors. I think the long run of hose helps cool the air down before it hits the moisture trap.
Yes that's how we did it when I painted in Ft. Walton Beach. We hooked up to a giant compressor out in a shed and then hooked a moisture trap and regulator at the end of the supply hose. At the end of our shift I just popped mine off the line and packed it away for the night. We didn't have any trouble with moisture either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
http://fredaw61.wixsite.com/the-artist

Yes that's how we did it when I painted in Ft. Walton Beach. We hooked up to a giant compressor out in a shed and then hooked a moisture trap and regulator at the end of the supply hose. At the end of our shift I just popped mine off the line and packed it away for the night. We didn't have any trouble with moisture either.

That's basically the setup I decided to go with. 50 foot air hose from the compressor to a Harbor Freight moisture filter and regulator combo, mounted on the wall, and an Iwata hose coming off of that. I'll likely add a grip filter later.

That's basically how mine is as well I have a giant screw compressor in my garage and I plumbed flex line into my basement and use a grex mac valve before that picture of the psi gauge to have extreme and easy control of the pressure and I always know what psi it's at, which is the main thing I don't like about a normal mac valve setup.

I keep the mac valve at arms length so adjustable is a breeze.

Its kinda a shame you moved away- I live in Navarre. I coulda popped in and bought a T-shirt!

Back