For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

Connecting Iwata to California Air Tools?

Discussion in 'Airbrush Compressors' started by Crabcar, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Crabcar

Crabcar Young Tutorling

Thanks, that's something else I was going to ask about. How long is the hose you're using between the compressor and trap? Outside of this forum, it's hard to sort out all the conflicting information. Makes it hard for someone like myself who knows nothing...half the pictures I see are of filters right on the compressor, and half the info I read says 38 ft are required. I'll be near a window that's going to be cracked in the winter, and your setup obviously is successfully removing water.
  2. Jurien72

Jurien72 Have Airbrush - Will Travel!

To be honest, I'm not really sure how long the hose is. Probably a 50ft hose maybe? I use my compressor for things other than airbrushing, and my setup is just cobbled together to make things work. When I drain my air tank I really don't get more than a few drops of water anyway.

I think the best course of action is to just figure out a setup that looks like it'll work for you, then just address any problems that come up from there. You can research this stuff til the cows come home, and only end up with a big headache!
  3. AndreZA

AndreZA Elite Member! Elite Member! Artist of the Month!

Here you go.

couplings.jpg
  4. Airbrush Dreams

Airbrush Dreams Detail Decepticon! Very Likeable!

Yes that's how we did it when I painted in Ft. Walton Beach. We hooked up to a giant compressor out in a shed and then hooked a moisture trap and regulator at the end of the supply hose. At the end of our shift I just popped mine off the line and packed it away for the night. We didn't have any trouble with moisture either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    http://fredaw61.wixsite.com/the-artist
  5. Crabcar

Crabcar Young Tutorling

That's basically the setup I decided to go with. 50 foot air hose from the compressor to a Harbor Freight moisture filter and regulator combo, mounted on the wall, and an Iwata hose coming off of that. I'll likely add a grip filter later.
  6. Lt4-396

Lt4-396 Gravity Guru

That's basically how mine is as well I have a giant screw compressor in my garage and I plumbed flex line into my basement and use a grex mac valve before that picture of the psi gauge to have extreme and easy control of the pressure and I always know what psi it's at, which is the main thing I don't like about a normal mac valve setup.

I keep the mac valve at arms length so adjustable is a breeze.
  7. Jurien72

Jurien72 Have Airbrush - Will Travel!

Its kinda a shame you moved away- I live in Navarre. I coulda popped in and bought a T-shirt!
    Airbrush Dreams likes this.
  8. Airbrush Dreams

Airbrush Dreams Detail Decepticon! Very Likeable!

That was way back in 1984 and I was so new. I had only been airbrushing for around 7 years. With no instructions other than magazines it took it a lot longer to learn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    http://fredaw61.wixsite.com/the-artist