Controlling the Airbrush

I'd probably not 'draw' the lines, use a shield to get a sharp edge and overlap them

Yea it looks great, personally I would finish the painting. I used to chuck mine in the bin when I messed up, but continuing can and will teach you other things. You will learn how to recorrect the screw up or will make another mistake that you will learn from so your next one is just that much better.

What you do is up to you I'm just pointing out what worked for me and had learned along the way.

It really doesn't look like you messed up, I'm sure it stands out like a sore thumb to you but when your finished I doubt you will see it especially if you add more layers/detail.

I'm unsure if you had said it or not but what substrate are you working on? Depending what it is you can always erase your mistake.
Your using your comart paint I'm guessing? What reduction ratio if any?

Just using A4 paper and yes com art paint reduced 2 parts water 1 part paint. Next one is going on gesso board

"if you cant see the mistake from 3 feet away then it doesn't exist"
adhering to that will save you a lot of headaches LOL

We always see our own mistakes, because we created the piece we know every square in intimately

Isn't there an old saying that a true artist doesn't make mistakes, they just incorporate it into the artwork?

What kind of paint are you testing now?
I'm still torn between CI and comart.
I thinned createx 20:1 and had good results yesterday but not so much today, going to use comart for the next few days and see if I run into any problems like I had with CI.

I just testing other com art colors with the 4012 reducer. Black no tip dry. Paynes gray i got some. Used same reduction as i did when i reduced with distilled water. Ordering the .4 setup for my evolution on friday.

I had nothing but trouble with comart and 4012 threw my cm-sb. The last few days I'm leaning more towards CI again. As long as it's reduced 6-4012 1-paint or more it seems to spray beautiful with no grainy ness.

I'm glad the comart is working good for you.

We told you to keep at it and your now seeing the results. Time and patience and learning what reduction and psi works for you.
Look forward to seeing your work.

Have you signed up for paintpal 14 ? :D There's only a few days left and you have a few months to get it done. It will give you a goal to aim towards

Back