Controlling the Airbrush

I use 3 parts water and 1 part paint in my H&S Evo with 0.15 when using Com-Art, maybe 4/5:1 sometime, and about 10PSI, just keep trying, my PP13 was made with that combo ( didn't arrived yet :-( )

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
Ok i will try that ratio. Ive been doing 1:1 or unreduced

Ok i will try that ratio. Ive been doing 1:1 or unreduced

The smaller the nozzle the more reduction required, I've worked 6:1 with a micron 0.18, your brush is a detail brush and more suited to the seasoned user, I don't know if your version can take the 0.4 setup but I think you would have more joy with that to start with.

His left ear is to big for the reference and there are several spiders and even a few blobs in there.
Transfer the reference to the paper before paint it and you will solve the first issue, cant really see the spiders or "blobs!?". Don't be so hard with you, remember that you are giving your first steps into this art!!!

http://www.airbrushforum.org/threads/pp-size-practice.18480/

This was my third painting, if you compare them you will see that you are not so far, and I started month before you, keep trying but remember, it is a long road!!!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Oh yeah this i know.. Everyone is their own worst critic and i am bad a out that. I do my warm up dots and daggers and breeze tbrough them, but i set up for a project i tense up my motions with the brush are stiff its like im a robot painting

Not a lot of airbrush artwork starts with a line drawing. As a line drawing you've done a great job considering you didn't have it on the paper to start with. as Marcos has pointed out, get the lines on your board first. Watercolour pencils work well. I can't think of a single membe here who doesn't transfer some sort of mapping lines to their substrate.
A lot of 'edges' are created just where the paint changes from one colour/shade to the next

Sheer determination will get you through this :D
Just remember we've all started at the same place. Some have an art background either self taught or traditional class based which is a huge help. Others like me couldn't draw a stick figure.
You seem determine to do this and that's half the battle. Many before you have packed up their toys and gone home long before the point your at now.
You've got this !

Yup, being stubborn and not knowing when to quit will take you a long way. Just keep doing what you're doing, and you'll be fine - even if you do throw in a few (or a whole lifetimes worth) swear words along the way. You're doing great.

Sheer determination will get you through this :D
Just remember we've all started at the same place. Some have an art background either self taught or traditional class based which is a huge help. Others like me couldn't draw a stick figure.
You seem determine to do this and that's half the battle. Many before you have packed up their toys and gone home long before the point your at now.
You've got this !
Map it like this.
20170729_190838_opt.jpg

Thank you everyone for your support

Yep, the lighter you can make the map lines the better. I often use cheap watercolor pencils in the same shade as I'm going to paint, you can erase the lead pencil lines a bit to fade them if you get a little heavy handed :D

Ok i used graphite paper for this one. Made a copy of my reference in b&w and went to mapping. I went a little heavy on it so it would show up in the pic and i did it on sketch paper. The real one will go on gesso board and mapping will be lighter.

That looks great Rick! Just keep plugging away at it, you'll get it figured out.
Thanks Jurien. Just for picture purposes i put this on sketch paper, cant erase and scratch on it but im painting it tonight for practice. Same reference will go on gesso board tomorrow.

Back