Converter for propellant can thread to compressor thread

S

sentry1

I have an Aztek (Testor) airbrush that's meant to run off propellant canisters. It's a cheap little thing that I thought would be good for priming and basecoating models.

My problem however, is the threads on the end of the hose are sized to screw directly onto a propellant canister. I want to find an adapter to plug it directly into my compressor. Got any suggestions?

I have an Aztek (Testor) airbrush that's meant to run off propellant canisters. It's a cheap little thing that I thought would be good for priming and basecoating models.

My problem however, is the threads on the end of the hose are sized to screw directly onto a propellant canister. I want to find an adapter to plug it directly into my compressor. Got any suggestions?

Based on this link I think your brush already has an adapter as featured here which you may only need to remove for it to connect to a hose, a little more info and maybe photos would be handy to help you further.

I have no doubt someone will be along shortly to ask you to introduce yourself in the introductions section, if we know roughly where you are and a little about what you paint and such we can generally offer more help specific to your needs:)

Just checked the hose on mine and it has the small connector for the airbrush on the one end of the hose and a 1/4 connection at the other end. Any connectors/adapters fitted onto the 1/4 inch end. If you could post a picture we could hopefully confirm what connector you have and we can advise you accordingly from there.

Lee

That adapter converts a compressor thread to a propellant can thread, I need to go the other way. The Aztek I got is made to screw directly onto the propellant can. I want to convert it so it has the same thread size as the Neo/Iwata QD coupler threads. I just have no idea what size the Aztek thread is.

IMG_1824.JPG

That adapter converts a compressor thread to a propellant can thread, I need to go the other way. The Aztek I got is made to screw directly onto the propellant can. I want to convert it so it has the same thread size as the Neo/Iwata QD coupler threads. I just have no idea what size the Aztek thread is.

View attachment 45453

I see it now, it looks to me like the hose is just pushed on to the brush itself with the can adapter at the opposite end, if you want to use the compressor all of the time and dispense with the can you can cut off the can adapter and just push in one of these.

and one of these to be safe

12PP14_AS01.JPG

Back