For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

Cordyk's Chrome corner tutorial

Discussion in 'Airbrush Lettering' started by Cordyk, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Djullye

Djullye Young Tutorling

Reallu thank you to all, its rly appreciated !!

I just saw after I finished it, the horizon is in the wrong way :p And i draw letters myself :p !!! I'm still learning but all of you guys rly helping me !!!!
  2. galactic sherpa

galactic sherpa Young Tutorling

firstfrisk.jpg This is my first time painting with frisket(contact from walmart its an hour to art supply store worked great). This tutorial seemed to be a good fit for the job. I used canson watorcolor paper, createx leaf green, little opaque black, touch of wicked detail white. It was also an intro to paper( have been doing t-shirts) been doing line control exercises with copy paper. I really enjoyed my also first full tutorial (Im terrible with structure-can ya tell lol). Thank you Cordyk, its well written and formated well, I ran into many problems(cutting through paper and more)lol but made it with your help, good job teach.
  3. Cordyk

Cordyk Sheriff Woody (Admington) Admin

Hello my friend, that's a pretty darn good go as your first time mate, excellent use of highlights and your beveled edge looks real good, well done:)
    Frisket is a funny animal and does take some getting used too, it may pull on watercolour paper if you are not carefull, it does work best on harder surfaces like Bristol or schollerhammer board. And as for cutting, you soon learn that it cuts with less pressure than you think and to be careful not to cut deep in to the surface underneath..trail and error I'm afraid.!
    Glad you enjoyed the tut and thanks for the compliments, I will be doing another soon, just been busy with other projects, thinking of doing the next one on a Manga style cartoon?

Thanks
    Kev
  4. galactic sherpa

galactic sherpa Young Tutorling

Yeah I could do a blooper real on how many mistakes I made but was very happy at end the pic I took doesnt show color well its very bright. I think a manga cartoon would be great, I do more comic style but theres not much difference, sighn me up Im on it. I was so happy after trying my hand at paper that I made the hour trip to art store and got alot of paper and some canvas, never seen abrush work on canvas got a deal on it give it a try. No airbrush supplies have to order what I need, having to use like .68 tip now bent my needle tryed to straighten but it got out of round and I pushed needle 2 far foward messed up tip now I get 2 lines 4 the price one lol(trials and tribuations of no airbrush supply store blues), so going bigger. Well enough of that thanks Cordyk looking forward to next adventure.
  5. airbrushingferret

airbrushingferret Air-Valve Autobot!

that looks realy great i should try doing chrome how did that spider come oot
  6. ad fez

ad fez kind of a big deal = Admington

i have a book at home on how to draw manga which is pretty cool if it can be any assisatance kev
  7. Cordyk

Cordyk Sheriff Woody (Admington) Admin

Cheers Adam but Ella has loads!!! She's the one pushing for Manga lol
  8. Graywolf

Graywolf Spider Splatterer

Thanks for the demo and explaining it to where this ole' boy can figure it out looks great
  9. UnicornzandRainbowz

UnicornzandRainbowz Young Tutorling

south Texas also how do i change my picture?
  10. Kamil

Kamil Double Actioner

Thanks for such nice tutorial! :thumbsup: I like the reactions with another examples, definitely have to experience it too!
  11. markjthomson

markjthomson Very happy! Staff Member Mod

Ah - here is my attempt, great tutorial.

Attached Files:

jord001 and basepaint like this.