Couple Newbie Questions!

Z

ZJOmega

I would love to know how beneficial an inline airflow control valve is. My current setup is a
Sparmax TC-501N Windstorm Airbrush Compressor, Badger Renegade Krome and a Iwata Neo. The compressor has has a built on regulator but when I am not right next to my compressor it can be a little annoying stopping to change the pressures on the compressors.

If inline valve controls are beneficial, does anyone know of a good place to purchase one of these?

Thanks!

Sincerely,
Zachry Gerke

Yes they can be very useful indeed. There are a few brands look for Andre's post - he done a full write up :)

You AIR brush, so air is one of the tools in your arsenal. Having a control valve on your airbrush is invaluable.

You'll probably want a mac valve. There are cheap chinese knockoffs avaliablebut save yourself the trouble and go for the expensive ones imidiately (I got the cheap ones first and had to replace them all, the way they seem to regulate airflow seems to be by leaking :p)

http://www.foxystudio.com/product/iwata-mac-valve-air-regulator/?ref=isp_rel_no_match

http://www.airbrushforum.org/threads/mac-valve-shoot-out.16529/#post-246156

I think this is what musicmacd is referring to.

I have a sparmax mac (as they are usually called) valve, and I find it very useful. Like you my regulator isn't particularly handy, so I set it to what I think my max pressure will be, then adjust on the fly as needed. There are no markings so you don't really know for sure what pressure you are working at, but it really doesn't matter.
I actually prefer the in line kind to the brushes that have them built in. If it should break or have an issue you can still use your brush, and I find it a really comfortable place to hold for a two handed grip.

I've had my Grex mac valve for about 8 years and its still works fine. You get what you pay for and the chinese ones are ok for a short while then they turn to rubbish.

Lee

I use the GREX one too.
Just make sure that whatever brand you get that it's suitable for the badger connections

I would love to know how beneficial an inline airflow control valve is. My current setup is a
Sparmax TC-501N Windstorm Airbrush Compressor, Badger Renegade Krome and a Iwata Neo. The compressor has has a built on regulator but when I am not right next to my compressor it can be a little annoying stopping to change the pressures on the compressors.

If inline valve controls are beneficial, does anyone know of a good place to purchase one of these?

Looks like ya just answered your own question LOL..if you have a mac valve on the gun you dont need an inline control valve, thats basically what a mac valve is..Saying that another option worth considering is two regulators..have one on your compressor set to pretty much full open PSI, with a water trap. Run your line to your workbench (if you like your compressor to be elsewhere or further away) then have another regulator with water trap at the end of that line that you can easily reach without getting out of your seat if you sit to paint. Use this to control your PSI at arms length and as a bit of an extra water trap if you live in a humid environment or if line water is an issue. An inline valve is basically just a flow restrictor and a simple shut off ball valve (which I use) can achieve the same, so does a kink in the hose LOL. All depends how much you have to spend as somethings designed or have the word "Airbrush" in it costs twice as much as something else designed to do the same job that doesn't pretend to be airbrush specific LOL

Back