Createx Illustration

That could be handy to know. I'm now getting on better with CI than I did in the beginning.
Using Etac helped with the confidence but I now find I'm using CI more and more.

Just trying CI for myself. There is a learning curve as with other paints, I just haven't Sussed the mixture yet. Any reduction suggestions welcome.

Lee

Last edited:
I don't know about you guys but I always have problems with the paynes gray. with the blue settling to the bottom

Just trying CI for myself. There is a learning curve as with other paints, I just haven't Sussed the mixture yet. Any reduction suggestions welcome.

Lee

Yup reduce it a lot :p.

I use it next to E'tac (it has a more varied range of colors with the bloodline) and it's reasonably "pigment heavy" (compared to most other paints I used).

Just a side note, this stuff does contain some kind of solvent so don't reduce it with water (that was the cause of a lot of problems I had with it when I started using it)

I don't know about you guys but I always have problems with the paynes gray. with the blue settling to the bottom
Are you sure its the Illustration Paynes Grey as its only been released for a few weeks?

As for reduction - go as hard as you want, most of the time im using it straight drom the bottle with a micron.
Craig Fraser - 3 part reducer to 1 part paint.
Cory St Clair - 1 part reducer to 1 part paint.
Dru Blair - no reducer

These are ratio's i've seen them use on various video's

I have tried everything and can't get it to flow. Now the stuff I have is first generation so I don't know if it has improved at all. I in fact just tried to spray some moss green and I was pulling my trigger halfway back with no paint. I have tried every one of these reductions and it just clogs right up and tip dries. When I first got it little dots of pigment would shoot out while painting and destroy my work. I called Createx way back then and they sent me a second set and it did the same thing. So I have almost 4 ounces of every color. I just can't use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have tried everything and can't get it to flow. Now the stuff I have is first generation so I don't know if it has improved at all. I in fact just tried to spray some moss green and I was pulling my trigger halfway back with no paint. I have tried every one of these reductions and it just clogs right up and tip dries. When I first got it little dots of pigment would shoot out while painting and destroy my work. I called Createx way back then and they sent me a second set and it did the same thing. So I have almost 4 ounces of every color. I just can't use it.

It will spray thru my Eclipse hp-cs,hint hint:D:D

Yup reduce it a lot :p.

I use it next to E'tac (it has a more varied range of colors with the bloodline) and it's reasonably "pigment heavy" (compared to most other paints I used).

Just a side note, this stuff does contain some kind of solvent so don't reduce it with water (that was the cause of a lot of problems I had with it when I started using it)

I will give it a try Haasje. I got it for free and have some reducer with them so if I can't get on with it I'm not too bothered. I have my etac to go back to. Thanks

Lee

It will spray thru my Eclipse hp-cs,hint hint:D:D
I think I may have to do that or at least shoot it through my C+ with its .3mm needle. Worse come to worse I can throw the conversion to a .5mm needle in my Eclipse CS and spray away. For the life of me I don't know why I try to do everything thing with one brush. I mean that's why they make different sizes. I mean when I tested the Golden High Flow through my microns it wouldn't move and when I put it in my Eclipse CS it flowed great. I got to stop trying to do what others do and be my own artist. Not a copy of someone else. After all God made us all different people so I need to be an individual not a clone. Be blessed and be free. [emoji12]

Sounds identical to the issues I was having with Wicked. I reduced like crazy and still got specks. I finally assumed the store I bought it from had old paint. I ditched the paint and haven't used Wicked since. I bought a set of CI and haven't had issues like that. I just recently began dabbling in brushing again after about 6 months and the CI is still working fine through Olympos 200c(.23) and iwata micron sb (.18) It's so odd how paints act so different for people. I know there are a ton of variables in play but I think there may be bad batches of paint that happen as well. These issues seem so common. Hope you get it figured out. :thumbsup:

CI has been working mostly well for me. But Wicked... I'll never put that into my airbrushes again. It never worked for me.

Sounds identical to the issues I was having with Wicked. I reduced like crazy and still got specks. I finally assumed the store I bought it from had old paint. I ditched the paint and haven't used Wicked since. I bought a set of CI and haven't had issues like that. I just recently began dabbling in brushing again after about 6 months and the CI is still working fine through Olympos 200c(.23) and iwata micron sb (.18) It's so odd how paints act so different for people. I know there are a ton of variables in play but I think there may be bad batches of paint that happen as well. These issues seem so common. Hope you get it figured out. :thumbsup:
Absolutely when it comes to bad batches. I think that's why they replaced the whole set for me back then but the same issue persisted. But by now they may have corrected that issue. I also had similar issues with Wicked Detail. I spoke with Createx about that and they confirmed that some of the colors were worse to work with than others.

What I am coming to realize now is some pigments are just physically large than other which make the need for using a hue of that color or out and out using a larger needle and nozzle size. Big deal if you need to put the M SB down and pick up an Eclipse.

Most paint makers especially with automotive and abrush paint do state a sheering size ,which is normally the same across there range of colours ,this in turn can give some poor coverage colours ,needing extra Coates to achieve the desired results . I have found in general that most paints will go through .2 without too many issues .

Back