Createx Red

In summary... one pass in any shade of red will give you pink, some are just a darker pink. Add transbase and you get a lighter pink with one pass - even with opaque red, I wonder if Sams discovered that yet !

I don’t think any of us are surprised by these results.

I'm certainly not surprised by the results Jackie, as you know I predicted it as did everyone else, I am surprised though at how little difference there is between the top left two swatches where one is neat and the other 1:6 trans, there is a difference but not as huge as I would have expected.

And you're not flogging any dead horse, I might have said you wasted time and paint but you haven't done that either because again as I stated to Sam, this will show others in the future what to expect from the different mixes and ratios, when I say others, I mean those actually willing to listen and learn.

now there is a perfect example of how a transparent paint works regardless the color now I could make it complicated by stating a transparent can never go any darker then the pigment is used as in the color you see in the bottle is the final color you can get :)

And.....The more trans base used, the more passes needed to achieve color (if you ever do) and the paint thickness required to get there would be greatly increased which is not ideal....
Cheers

I dont know what colors are made by createx but if I want the right color red with less layers I use the etac red ocher as a base color (2 layers) and finish it with 1 or 2 layers of red depending on what red I use ( I dont reduce my paints in any way nor do I use a transparent base)

I dont know what colors are made by createx but if I want the right color red with less layers I use the etac red ocher as a base color (2 layers) and finish it with 1 or 2 layers of red depending on what red I use ( I dont reduce my paints in any way nor do I use a transparent base)
I think she only uses Wicked due to that is what her hero Ryan Townsend uses, But even he told you she would need more then one pass .

then please Jacke suggest a red I can buy that will come out red please :)
Add a drop or two of white to make it opaque, maybe a drop of orange for the shift and to warm it up a bit, that’s where I would start if I wanted a certain value of Red, the pinkness is like stated above - transparent paint! So white paper plus Red = :)

Great, now I have to learn what transparent base is.....thanks...lol..oh and how and when to use it.

I will say, this thread is very educational. So, not a total loss right

Great, now I have to learn what transparent base is.....thanks...lol..oh and how and when to use it.

I will say, this thread is very educational. So, not a total loss right

Transparent base is just that, it is the base medium that pigment gets added to make a colour.

If you want a more transparent colour but don't want to make the paint too thin then use the trans base. You can then thin it with water/solvent. This way you keep enough paint binders to keep the durability of the paint. Not such a problem with airbrushing small works that will be cleared but makes a big difference for external and auto finishes.

As an aside, I find it confusing when people say they reduce paint when they are 'thinning' the paint. To me at least, reducing the paint is when you add a trans base to reduce the colour opacity whereas thinning is actually thinning the paint. But, reducing can mean reducing the thickness also, hence my confusion :)

Transparent base is just that, it is the base medium that pigment gets added to make a colour.

If you want a more transparent colour but don't want to make the paint too thin then use the trans base. You can then thin it with water/solvent. This way you keep enough paint binders to keep the durability of the paint. Not such a problem with airbrushing small works that will be cleared but makes a big difference for external and auto finishes.

As an aside, I find it confusing when people say they reduce paint when they are 'thinning' the paint. To me at least, reducing the paint is when you add a trans base to reduce the colour opacity whereas thinning is actually thinning the paint. But, reducing can mean reducing the thickness also, hence my confusion :)
Aghhhhh ok I g t it now

So if I want my say black to go on not so black and be able to build it up th n a transparent base would be better than thinning the daylights out of it.

Aghhhhh ok I g t it now

So if I want my say black to go on not so black and be able to build it up th n a transparent base would be better than thinning the daylights out of it.

Yep. Put another way, both trans base and thinner are transparent so they both can be used to achieve more transparency and you may need both to get the required consistency for painting :)

Aghhhhh ok I g t it now

Yep.

Transparent base is colourless paint.
As shown above in the red examples. One pass of straight paint is darker than one pas of transbase and paint 1:6 paint:transbase

It was reopened so we could continue to enjoy beating a dead horse. Can the mods change the thread title? ;)

It was reopened so we could continue to enjoy beating a dead horse. Can the mods change the thread title? ;)
not sure what title would suit. It was about getting red to spray red when high ratio of trans base is used.

*sings* Dont it make my red paint, dont it make my red paint pink... oohh!

Theres just no end to the possibilities here.

Back