Createx reducers

I was advised to use the 4011 to help me slow down my building up instead of using water which raises the risk of spidering more.

One of the others is supposed to reduce the tip dry increased by the 4011 but I'm not sure which, but I think @jagardn can give you more info there.

The 4011 also lm makes the paint dry quicker which is handy for small projects so you don't have wait long for layers to dry.

The 4012 reduces tip dry. It does work well with Wicked, AA, and Createx Illustration. I personally have not tried it with any other paints though.
Since it does have a bit of solvent in it, using it with other paints would scare me a bit.

The 4012 reduces tip dry. It does work well with Wicked, AA, and Createx Illustration. I personally have not tried it with any other paints though.
Since it does have a bit of solvent in it, using it with other paints would scare me a bit.

I believe going on the smell of the 4011 that the mild solvent is alcohol based, I have frequent lung infections yet have no problem with it.

It seems to work great with com art, but a little test sample would do no harm, I was afraid of separation or breaking down of the paint but that didn't happen, I tried it also with schminke which also worked but the paint was useless after a couple of hours.

So far I don't seem to have any more tip dry than I had without it and I don't have the spidering problems I had with plain water, so I never use water except for cleaning.

I believe going on the smell of the 4011 that the mild solvent is alcohol based, I have frequent lung infections yet have no problem with it.

It seems to work great with com art, but a little test sample would do no harm, I was afraid of separation or breaking down of the paint but that didn't happen, I tried it also with schminke which also worked but the paint was useless after a couple of hours.

So far I don't seem to have any more tip dry than I had without it and I don't have the spidering problems I had with plain water, so I never use water except for cleaning.
The W500/4012 has something else in it. I can't say that I hate the smell, but it definitely smells like it can't be good to get in your lungs. With the 4012 I even get a weird separation with Createx Illustration some times. The chemicals cause it to separate, then I get these chunky blobs of pigment, so anymore, I use little to no 4012 with transparent paint right from the bottle. I have never seen that issue with a color matched opaque though.

What you've described is what happens to schminke but it's not immediate, I haven't used the 4012 so I can't say what it could be, but I find the smell of the 4011 pleasant although I don't just pump it into my lungs lol but usually anything I will have a problem with will irritate just from the smell but this doesn't do that.

But if you don't trust it don't do it, no harm at all in playing it safe.

The golden medium irritates me which I found weird.

Not that I know a great lot about reductions etc and I know nothing about com-art paint but I've been fiddling around with reductions etc.
I use createx illustration, with the high performance reducer (don't know the number) and the illustration trans base and what seems to be my sweet spot is 2 reducer, 1 trans base, 1 paint.
Hp-a and Hp- b brushes

Looks like ill just order the 4011 and w200, have aplay about and see where it takes me.

Looks like ill just order the 4011 and w200, have aplay about and see where it takes me.

Sounds like a plan, I'm off to pick those up too later at Lion art, I'm a nosey bastard and I wan't to see his new shop, I might sneak a few pictures and throw them up, plus it'll be nice to meet him:thumbsup:

Or maybe I'll just order on-line, he's only open on Wednesdays and Saturdays:cry:

wish i could retain all the knowledge i just learned....lol....

LOL, that's why it's all written down, cos none of us can do that:)

Well I've just ordered a spare needle for the micron, a mac valve, some w200 and a bottle of black and white createx illustration just to try out:)

Within 10 minutes of placing my order I received an email from Lion Art that my order is already on it's way, so it seems the Big Cat is a Cool Cat, lol, I'll probably have it tomorrow, I did tell him who I was so maybe it was a little bit of preferential treatment:)

Will get mine ordered to night when i get back home.
@boneman65 i cant retain much at all so i print out all the stuff i need to use as reference material, getting quite a pile now:whistling:

@boneman65 i cant retain much at all so i print out all the stuff i need to use as reference material, getting quite a pile now:whistling:

I can't wait, I have to get rid of a lot of paints because they are so old now they have all separated, about a week ago I put some through my HP and totally instantly clogged it, I managed to clean it back to it's top performance but it wasn't a happy job, so to avoid having to do that again I'll have a damn good clean out, I ordered the illustration black and white just to give them a try, if I like them I might switch over, since my com-arts are almost used up and they are not that easy to get here unless I keep buying useless sets.

I have visions of loads of happy airbrushing days now:)

I can't wait, I have to get rid of a lot of paints because they are so old now they have all separated, about a week ago I put some through my HP and totally instantly clogged it, I managed to clean it back to it's top performance but it wasn't a happy job, so to avoid having to do that again I'll have a damn good clean out, I ordered the illustration black and white just to give them a try, if I like them I might switch over, since my com-arts are almost used up and they are not that easy to get here unless I keep buying useless sets.

I have visions of loads of happy airbrushing days now:)

I have visions aswell but then i wake up:)
Im still not confinced my paints are 100% ok as im not trully sure how old they are. If i still struggle i might have to bite the bullet and change them but would prob go to etac as loads say they are quite good all rounder, erasing scratching etc.

You could always bookmark useful threads so that it's here when you need it :D I love the W500, although as it has drying properties, it's not the best for erasing (at least that's the excuse I'm using for not doing it well Lol) so the W100 may be better for that.

I have visions aswell but then i wake up:)
Im still not confinced my paints are 100% ok as im not trully sure how old they are. If i still struggle i might have to bite the bullet and change them but would prob go to etac as loads say they are quite good all rounder, erasing scratching etc.

LOL, Stop being a excrementebag lol, if you want to know if your paints are good or not, put a (well stirred) drop on your forefinger and drag it a cross a piece smooth paper like printer paper, if the paint is good you should have a streak that fades out out smoothly from full colour to almost invisible with no braking in the line, if it's bad it will appear grainy and and break up in places, but basically if you can see into the bottle and everything isn't lying on the bottom with almost clean fluid on top then it's also probably good.

If you spray any paints at all that appear grainy not matter what you do, I.E. even at 20 psi then that has probably seen sit's last days.

You could always bookmark useful threads so that it's here when you need it :D I love the W500, although as it has drying properties, it's not the best for erasing (at least that's the excuse I'm using for not doing it well Lol) so the W100 may be better for that.
I do bookmark some but then forget a bout them:thumbsdown: so now I print them out and I can read them or have them next to me when I'm painting.

ill try that later, good tip there:thumbsup:
Trying to source 4011 at the moment,tried one place but got this reply
Hi
Have just checked with auto air and they have stopped producing the ctx-4011 and ctx-4010 and have raplaced it with ctx-4012

So I'll have to try eBay by the looks of it:(

ill try that later, good tip there:thumbsup:
Trying to source 4011 at the moment,tried one place but got this reply
Hi
Have just checked with auto air and they have stopped producing the ctx-4011 and ctx-4010 and have raplaced it with ctx-4012

So I'll have to try eBay by the looks of it:(

I just checked w4012 and w500 are the same thing, and w4011 and w100 are the same thing.

http://www.autoaircolors.com/files/Reducers_Cleaners_Base_Tech_Sheet.pdf

And since they are all visible on the createx website they obviously still being made, I think

Back