Createx trans base

Jimmyfingerz

Mac-Valve Maestro!
Hello
Second newb question in a day :)
Trans base, is there a limit to how much paint you can mix with trans base.
So an example, could I use 20 drops of trans base to one drop of paint or even more trans base to 1 drop of paint?
I know its a simple question but i’m having my first go at using it so would be nice to know it there are limits to work within.

A little example of the play about i’ve had tonight.
I’m mixing my lip tone for the portrait i’m working on and I want to try and not use white.
So i’ve mixed my pink using arond 20 drops to one drop of scarlet then muted with moss green which seems to give me near enough the colour I need but i’m worried with so little pigment I may get problems once it sets.
Any help would be appreciated as always.
I’m shooting on Dru’s synthetic paper......

Hey you never know- someone else may have this same question. But it is kinda rude to look up your own answers before we have a chance! :p just kidding lol

Haha really I should have looked first but i love asking newb questions on here to make you all face palm :D

Just remember that the base is paint without colour pigment in it. Or you could say it's an invisible colour so treat it the same as paint. If you use 20 drops and you need to thin the paint then reduce as you would with 20 drops of blue or red.

Lee

Flood your work with impatience :)

I like that phrase, mainly because that's what I do best, it has been my downfall countless times and the root of many a tantrum, it has caused several domestic wars (something I needn't worry about now) even other family members and some neighbours have suffered it's wrath, it is something I should wean myself off of, YET, it seems to be an integral part of my every day life, I'm scared to unlearn it because I just don't know what my life would be without ito_O

I like that phrase, mainly because that's what I do best, it has been my downfall countless times and the root of many a tantrum, it has caused several domestic wars (something I needn't worry about now) even other family members and some neighbours have suffered it's wrath, it is something I should wean myself off of, YET, it seems to be an integral part of my every day life, I'm scared to unlearn it because I just don't know what my life would be without ito_O
It’s spiritual brother! I see painting as an inner battle sometimes! Amazing what you can do when you trust the paint :)

It’s spiritual brother! I see painting as an inner battle sometimes! Amazing what you can do when you trust the paint :)

Don't fry my brain, first iv'e got to not flood my work with impatience, now I've got to trust the paint, even after 6 years I'm still struggling with "being at one with the brush" problem is the brush has to want that too:)

Back