Curious Wold feature

Robbyrockett2

Air-Valve Autobot!
Anybody know what the external threads are about on this brush. The only thing I can think of is maybe you could unscrew the MAC and put a hose there,,,thus converting it to constant bleed.
Screen Shot 2018-06-06 at 10.46.00 PM.png

If that is indeed a functional MAC at all

I wonder if it was an additional place for a gravity bottle....? Or maybe they had the wrong fitting. What sort of Wold is it and what year? I have some contact with the owner of Wold, I might be able to ask them.

I wonder if it was an additional place for a gravity bottle....? Or maybe they had the wrong fitting. What sort of Wold is it and what year? I have some contact with the owner of Wold, I might be able to ask them.
Not sure, i found 4 on ebay with that feature so i doubt its a rarity. One appeared to be single action, two were listed as master or master m

Not sure, i found 4 on ebay with that feature so i doubt its a rarity. One appeared to be single action, two were listed as master or master m
I would say post -war as it doesnt have the steel case... or rather during war..?? idk

Maybe it’s the outside of an air valve that they used as a MAC to keep the manufacturing costs down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is a second place for attaching a method of paint delivery. That model can be used as either a side feed, or siphon feed. A color cup plugs into a regular hole on the side of the brush, or a bottle threads on the down post underneath. There is an included blanking plug to stop up the hole not in use. This is the same model, but a "newer" version (@1947) wold a2 1.jpg wold a2 2.jpg -

Oh, I should also note - the war models still came in a case. There was a cool note included in the case apologizing for the need to substitute some of the materials used in the construction of the brush. German silver was substituted for some of the brass parts, especially where they might wear, and a second air cap was omitted from the models that use them. Wold was the first brush that allowed for the removal of a needle cap, like that of modern day Iwata's and such, that would allow the user to get closer to the work surface for detail, by exposing the needle. Before the war, these brushes shipped with a one piece nozzle cap, with the two piece also included - many where held in a compartment hidden in the handle of the brush.

Oh, I should also note - the war models still came in a case. There was a cool note included in the case apologizing for the need to substitute some of the materials used in the construction of the brush. German silver was substituted for some of the brass parts, especially where they might wear, and a second air cap was omitted from the models that use them. Wold was the first brush that allowed for the removal of a needle cap, like that of modern day Iwata's and such, that would allow the user to get closer to the work surface for detail, by exposing the needle. Before the war, these brushes shipped with a one piece nozzle cap, with the two piece also included - many where held in a compartment hidden in the handle of the brush.
I saw the note on another ebay one. Saying they couldnt include the steel case , desktop holder, the 2 piece air connector, and the extra needle cap. Neat in a historical sense.

So, in theory, could an Iwata HP-TH also use the mac valve to convert it to siphon feed by blanking the color cup?

So, in theory, could an Iwata HP-TH also use the mac valve to convert it to siphon feed by blanking the color cup?
No, the mac valve goes into the air supply on an HP-TH, it would just blow bubbles in the cup.
These were apparently just a port into the paint feed, with a blocking screw for when youre side feeding.

Nope, the MAC valve on the Iwata is part of the air circuit. The Air circuit on the Wold goes along the side of the brush...

Back