curious

I

Inkster

hey guys i noticed mitch when painting his black work seems to have a green tint to it i.e the eye tutorial
is he mixing black with green or is it a specific color and or just black? :s

cheers

not sure on that one , Maybe the rock star will stop by and tell you him self:D

Where ya at rock star Mitch?

not sure on that one , Maybe the rock star will stop by and tell you him self:D

Where ya at rock star Mitch?

I do hope so I love the way it looks
In the mean time might try mixing some when I get the chance to paint and see lol

Could just be lighting or other things, Mitch no doubt would shed the correct light on it but it could be that the black he uses in a green based black..Black isn't only based in blue (That's why many mention blue shift when using black as the black being used is blue based, blue is predominantly used as the blacks base color these days as far as I know) But saying that there is also green and red based blacks (Especially in traditional art paints), so if you see a little green shift it could be the blacks he uses are a green based black...Or he forgot to color correct when filming LOL

Could just be lighting or other things, Mitch no doubt would shed the correct light on it but it could be that the black he uses in a green based black..Black isn't only based in blue (That's why many mention blue shift when using black as the black being used is blue based, blue is predominantly used as the blacks base color these days as far as I know) But saying that there is also green and red based blacks (Especially in traditional art paints), so if you see a little green shift it could be the blacks he uses are a green based black...Or he forgot to color correct when filming LOL

I think he had Createx Original formula back then, it is a bit of a greenish black. Could have been the lighting also.

Rebel air is correct. Black paint is not pure paint. It's always a base of another color, usually blue or green. Most people never see it, so congrats on your artist eye for detecting it. When I use "pure" black at work, depending on the lighting, it looks like a green oil slick in the can. I think it's cool looking, but when you get it on the project, it looks pure black.

If you want that look, start with a green base and add tiny amounts of black to tone it until you get what you're looking for. Testing on paper frequently, because black is one of those colors that dries differently than it looks in the wet form.

Back