Dagr v Krome

B

Booster

I'm looking to buy either of these, any recommendations? Pro's & cons... which would be the cheapest to maintain etc.

Cheers.

Check out as many reviews as you can find. Check out a spares list for prices. There is little to really maintain as far as consumable of the brush goes, unless you loose or bend stuff. Check out the Airbrush tutor tutorials as well, he gives a good overview of brush maintenance, etc.

I can't say about the Devlbiss dagr but the Krome is a workhorse and is pretty good in performance and price. I'm sure someone had a dagr on here, cant remember if they liked it or not. I'm sure they will pipe up when they read this.

lee

I had a Dagr, but it had machine scoring where the nozzle sat and wouldn't spray properly, so it got sent back, and the second one came with the cup welded on wonky and leaking threads at the head. So I didn't have a good experience. It seemed a quite heavy, which I didn't like but might suit some, and seemed very solid, so if you got a good one I think it would last. I liked the screw on cup for larger and smaller amounts of paint. Unfortunately I never really got to give it a proper test, but I do remember them getting a massive amount of promotion etc when they came out, which is what caught my eye, but I don't see many people using them now. I think insonsistant manufacturing was an issue - but maybe that got resolved?

I gave up on it and opted for the Iwata hp-Cs eclipse instead, and never looked back. I recommend it all the time and is IMO an amazing all round brush and a lot of brush for the money. It met and exceeded everything I was hoping for from the dagr.

The Krome us a very popular brush, I don't have one, but many here luke them. I have heard of the occaisional issue with them, however Badger has excellent after sales service and pride themselves on looking after their customers.

Back