Debating on which airbrush is best for my first airbrush..

Actually contacted the manufacture and they said that "The 1 piece trigger is a taller trigger that gives you more leverage for control of the brush and helps when doing fine detail. It also limits finger fatigue"

Alex

I made my CS trigger "taller" by dumping a blob of hot glue ontop of the trigger and shaping it with a wet finger while still warm and later sanding it a bit. It does help with control.

I made my CS trigger "taller" by dumping a blob of hot glue ontop of the trigger and shaping it with a wet finger while still warm and later sanding it a bit. It does help with control.

I saw some airbrush artists in Disneyland that had done the same thing, but they had blue tack rather than glue.

Oh my god!!! I have never thought of that!!!! I will be going home to do this!! I have long fingers and ut wears the hell out of my finger,even my kustom micron withe the taller trigger helps a little but not enough!! Cool tip, thanks!!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I'm actually planning to do some fine art or illustration type stuff..haha

I'm actually planning to do some fine art or illustration type stuff..haha

If that's the case I don't see any reason not to go with a gravity feed. The response time from pulling back to getting paint, bothers me to no end when using my syphon feed. It takes a split second for the paint to suck back up the tube...And as far as time to change colors...it's really not that big of a deal... really. I pour out the left-overs, wipe out the cup, rinse it wipe it and go. I only had one airbrush for ever,(and again now, until I order parts) and switching colors doesn't even cross my mind. Normally you aren't changing colors like shirt guys do. They don't spend hours on a painting, it's minutes.

See what the artist you want to emulate, use. Watch YouTube vids, very few fine artists use syphon fed airbrushes. Unless they started doing shirts and switched to fine art later, and are just used to using them.

I only use my syphon feeds for big backgrounds, never have I painted anything with them(after the first few tries).

I went with what I saw the people using, that were painting the things I wanted to paint. Most syphons don't get down to the finer tip sizes, so I knew I wanted gravity...detail was my goal, not high capacity paint containers.

Again, that's just my opinion, not a stead fast rule. And my experience is limited, so take it for what it's worth.

And thanks for the compliment.:02.47-tranquillity:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thankx so much for the advise..I actually was planning on getting a gravity feed cuz all the people on YouTube were using them..I just made my purchase and I went with the hi line hp-ch..Thankx again man for the advise!!!

Thankx guys just wanted to say Thankx for the help and support..

Back