decent small portable compressor

J

jayct75

Hello, I am new to airbrushing. I am looking for suggestions for a very portable, quiet compressor. I travel via air ALOT for work & would like to be able to practice airbrushing during some of my extended stays in hotels. I need something that is very portable (ie carry-on luggage), but is quiet enough to use in a hotel. I have seen some very small compressors (neo air & badger breeze& zephyr but have read some not so great reviews, & not sure how loud they are, or quality. I have a decent home compressor, just looking for a good road "pump" . Any suggestions would be appreciated. Running a Badger Krome.

Hmm not sure about this. Those tiny tankless compressors are not worth using, without a tank they are virtually useless. You will want one with a tank big enough to keep up with the consumption of air, and as travelling you will want one that is oiless, so the tank also needs to be big enough not to run constantly and overheat, which will make it cut out. However, I'm not sure how happy an airline would be to have a tanked compressor on aboard, even if it was empty, they may have regulations. It might be worth asking a few airlines what their policies are before making a decision.

Iwata make battery compressor I have seen advertised, maybe chrck out coast or chigago stores? Its not in Oz

Hmm not sure about this. Those tiny tankless compressors are not worth using, without a tank they are virtually useless. You will want one with a tank big enough to keep up with the consumption of air, and as travelling you will want one that is oiless, so the tank also needs to be big enough not to run constantly and overheat, which will make it cut out. However, I'm not sure how happy an airline would be to have a tanked compressor on aboard, even if it was empty, they may have regulations. It might be worth asking a few airlines what their policies are before making a decision.
Thats what i thought. I have a tiny tankless & its not very good. But I did finish my "silent compressor for home" Used an A/C compressor motor & connected it to an older compressor tank. Works well.

Can you even carry on a Compressor? I would think with all the new rules and regulations, this could cause a problem. I could be wrong, I never tried to carry something like this onboard.

A viable option is to rent a small CO2 tank once you get into town. you can rent a 20 pound tank for a few bucks, but you will need a welding regulator attached . The CO2 tank wont make a peep, it's an option for road travel.

Senco pc1010 is a great small compressor if you can take it on a plane. I have 1 in my closet I use in my bedroom. Quiet enough I can paint while the better half is on the phone with her mom and never notice it

Back