Denatured Alcohol

Yeah, that was one of the reasons why I was interested in tying ethanol instead. Unfortunately ethanol, while safer in theory, just doesn't work as well. The film it leaves on drying is a particular concern.

I mask-up and use forced ventilation even when working with "non-toxic" paints. I switch around between paint-types as needed fairly often, so toxic solvent precautions are kinda default for me. Still, I feel like If I can reduce toxicity in general where possible, that's good even in principle.

I mask up everytime because I have to, and I know a lot of others do to or have great ventilation systems (even with the water based paint) but I like to remind as often as possible to protect your lungs !

OK,
In Aus you can get 100% Metho at paint spot (the retail arm of Haymes paint). Seems to be the only place you can get it, everything else Diggers etc is 95%.
But I also have 100% isopropyl alcohol, Its used for cleaning circuit boards (got this from electronics shop).

So are they the same thing or not, I've read the thread twice.

when I paint a monochromatic pic, I buy 50 to 70 pic rubbing alcohol and fill my iwatat .75 quarter full and put one drop of whatever color I am using and paint my pic like this
Dear lord which paint Tuck? Cause thats gotta be what 50 to one? Ive seen your results i may give it a go.

OK,
In Aus you can get 100% Metho at paint spot (the retail arm of Haymes paint). Seems to be the only place you can get it, everything else Diggers etc is 95%.
But I also have 100% isopropyl alcohol, Its used for cleaning circuit boards (got this from electronics shop).

So are they the same thing or not, I've read the thread twice.
No they are not.

Dear lord which paint Tuck? Cause thats gotta be what 50 to one? Ive seen your results i may give it a go.
this is the first step to build up all your shapes , and to map out your pic. Plus , when i paint like this i never get tip dry. try if you like , i have done all my black and white and sepia pictures like this, then i eventually add more black or whatever color to its fullest value. i use it with all do all paint.

this is the first step to build up all your shapes , and to map out your pic. Plus , when i paint like this i never get tip dry. try if you like , i have done all my black and white and sepia pictures like this, then i eventually add more black or whatever color to its fullest value. i use it with all do all paint.

When you say your Iwata, which model are you using? I'm just wondering what cup size your mix refers to.

But what cup size? 1 drop to .75 cup would mean a very different ratio depending on if it was a C or a B.
lol, it a micron, it don't really matter to me, I don't know my cup size off hand, I thinks the medium cup, smaller than the biggest one and bigger than than the smallest one. sorry, I usually just put a little alcohol in the cup, test the spray, until it sprays correctly on the surface im am using,,, just mess around with it till you get what you want, best way to learn.

lol, it a micron, it don't really matter to me, I don't know my cup size off hand, I thinks the medium cup, smaller than the biggest one and bigger than than the smallest one. sorry, I usually just put a little alcohol in the cup, test the spray, until it sprays correctly on the surface im am using,,, just mess around with it till you get what you want, best way to learn.

So it could easily be a double "D" then, if my memory serves me correctly, I remember you being hit with one of those after test driving your "Corn on the cob perfume" invention, there could well have been a little too much alcohol in those cups, ;)

So it could easily be a double "D" then, if my memory serves me correctly, I remember you being hit with one of those after test driving your "Corn on the cob perfume" invention, there could well have been a little too much alcohol in those cups, ;)
I fondle my airbrush thoroughly before I paint,, you know to get a connection.

Well shes quite naughty on her own.. I caught her with my hi line and my eclipse yesterday,

Well shes quite naughty on her own.. I caught her with my hi line and my eclipse yesterday,

That's all you need, her playing around behind your back, time for some strict chastisement I think:)

Well i know for a fact that im not using enough alchohol to paint with. @RebelAir gave his ratio and i realized stone sober painting is not the right way.

As for Cup size Tucky i think you have the cm b?

Well i know for a fact that im not using enough alchohol to paint with. @RebelAir gave his ratio and i realized stone sober painting is not the right way.

Might aswell get the artwork drunk also LOL..Out of interest for what reason do you desire to add alcohol to thin or clean?..What paint are you using and why not if water based just use distilled water or tap water or a pre-bought thinner? Just wondering..

Might aswell get the artwork drunk also LOL..Out of interest for what reason do you desire to add alcohol to thin or . ean?..What paint are you using and why not if water based just use distilled water or tap water or a pre-bought thinner? Just wondering..
I use wicked w100 with my comarts, and w500 with my wicked. Its cheap enough since I buy quarts. I used to thin com art with just water but the w 100 helps the brush stay cleaner and that in fact is the main reason I use it. Since im gravity fed and very lazy about color change cleaning.. it does seem to have better spraying properties as well. But honestly its about helping me be lazy.

Easiest thing for lazy color change is a siphon LOLOL, but I like anything lazy so feed that airbrush some grog LOL.

Back