Denatured Alcohol

In Holland you can buy Denatured Alcohol 96% from at a drugstore in small bottles and is clear so there will be no colour contamination and is safer due to being only slightly flamable.

Then over a year ago I was told about Bio-Ethanol (95% Ethanol) which is also clear colour, very cheap 1 ltr bottle at Action shops (under €2) in the barbaque section, is highly flamable. Works great in my DIY cleaning solutions and has never given me any problems, only clean airbrushes :thumbsup::D
Cheers Mel

Easiest thing for lazy color change is a siphon LOLOL, but I like anything lazy so feed that airbrush some grog LOL.
Im planning on a siphon feed addition again soon. I do have one but just prefer my gravity. If i keep messing with shirtsvi will likely get a good siphon feed brush.

Im planning on a siphon feed addition again soon. I do have one but just prefer my gravity. If i keep messing with shirtsvi will likely get a good siphon feed brush.

Best set up is ideally to have both, I'm more a siphon feed guy and is my go to gun for 90% of my needs but still occasionally pull out the gravity for small color need stuff, that way you'll always have the best of both worlds and a good siphon ain't to expensive..Best of luck..

I've been using a mixture of 40% rubbing alcohol (91%), 60% distilled water with around 6-7 drops of glycerin and 6-7 drops of Liquitex acrylic paint retarder which helps with tip dry, the glycerin keeps the water from "sticking" to surfaces, flows better, at least that's how I understood it, this mixture works very well, for cleaning I leave out the glycerin and retarder.
If I'm doing a commission on a hard surface I still go with W500.

i was talkin to my chem rep at work about ordering a 55gal drum of denatured alcohol.. and he asked which on......to my surprise there are like 5 different types of denatured alcohol...so i choose the cheapest...lol.....i use it to add to mineral spirits and methyl ethyl keytone along with automatic trans fluid to test paint spray rigs prior to and after a rebuild....used to use straight alcohol but it seemed to dry out the packings and cause premature wear...

Back