DickBlick Art Supplies

S

shadow2462

Just some comments from my first experience with them....I placed my order on Sat. 9/27, received order confirmation on Mon. 9/29, received shipping confirmation and tracking number on Wed. 10/1/ . Tracking # was for Fed-Ex and scheduled delivery was for Sat. 10/4, well today the regular mailman (usps) arrived today with my packaged so ok was confused since tracking # was for FedEx but delivered by USPS but after some research I discovered that there had been a severe storm that disrupted their information highway and they had put their back up plan into action. So the moral of the story is this I would say I had a very good experience with them as a supplier and give them cudos for the swift action so I give them 4 stars. ( I just wish they would have sent me an email so that I wouldn't be scowling for the Fed-Ex guy to pounce on). lol

USPS is Fedex's biggest contract. Almost all mail delivered by post office was transported via Fedex. It does make it confusing.

In my town you are lucky just to even get a package. Hardly delivered to right place, they leave it outside even when snowing or raining, usually a neighbor gets it and decides to keep the package. Hell our ups is only open 1 hour a day and the delivery guy is part time, he is actually the owner of a mechanic shop here.

Mitch for god sakes fix the swearing filter LOLOL, feel sorry for anyone named reproductive organ now..LOL
Yeah there should be a language filter option. I want cussing, and there are very few if any under 18 members who stick around more than a week it seems
The filter messed up the thread title to the point I thought it was a trash thread for d blick lol. I wonder if your s/n contains d ick, if it switches it too haha

I have had a lot of orders start out on Fed ex and end up with USPS with no email confirmation But I still have always gotten them on the date promised so as was good. I just tell everyone that the fed ex boys are scared to come out in the sticks...LOL

Lets see if DickBlick does not get the edit.:D

Not had good luck with FedEx. On two occasions parcels have arrived to my house via FedEx & twice they sent a bill to my house for "shipping" or something or other - it was very confusing. Tried to get clarification from them but they couldn't explain it to me to my satisfaction. Twice I have refused to pay it (according to them I still owe it but they haven't come after me for it). I refuse to order from any company who use FedEx.

Not had good luck with FedEx. On two occasions parcels have arrived to my house via FedEx & twice they sent a bill to my house for "shipping" or something or other - it was very confusing. Tried to get clarification from them but they couldn't explain it to me to my satisfaction. Twice I have refused to pay it (according to them I still owe it but they haven't come after me for it). I refuse to order from any company who use FedEx.

That's Canada and the tax system. I've sold stuff to Canada in the past and the people stiffed me on the taxes and I HAD TO PAY. So I quit shipping anything up there. I think FedEx is a bit unique in how the tax things work. Shipping with USPS or UPS supposedly you won't encounter this problem. But I don't like UPS so... sorry Canada.

Thanks for your feedback Bossman. As I mentioned, I couldn't any straight answers from FedEx as to why the extra charge so haven't paid. I do live close enough to the border that I have a US mailing address for those companies that ship free within the lower 48 or just don't ship to Canada. I only pay a $5/pkg fee at the site & have 30 days from time they receive my pkg to pick it up & they notify me by email when ready for pickup. Very handy to have & 9 out of 10 times customs just lets me through. Although with our dollar doing badly I haven't used it very much.

That's Canada and the tax system. I've sold stuff to Canada in the past and the people stiffed me on the taxes and I HAD TO PAY. So I quit shipping anything up there. I think FedEx is a bit unique in how the tax things work. Shipping with USPS or UPS supposedly you won't encounter this problem. But I don't like UPS so... sorry Canada.
How did the people stiff you on the taxes? Don't you make them pay before shipping?

How did the people stiff you on the taxes? Don't you make them pay before shipping?

I got the initial shipping fee, but somebody is paying those taxes and I had never even thought the system was so wonky that they would take the taxes from the US shipper if the receiver refused. I had shipped quite a few things up there before.
It's been a few years, so my memory isn't the best on the details. There is no tax collection or calculating system when you ship with them. Each company has a way to deal with this. That's why I would always get guys wanting me to lie on the shipping export forms when shipping with USPS or FedEx.
Now they have re-shippers through Ebay based in the US. SO the seller doesn't have to worry about that stuff if people use them.

FedEx drops smaller packages at USPS office for delivery if it fits in a mailbox.

I have ordered 4-5 times from Blick and have never had an issue although the final delivery yes is usually USPS. Sometimes it takes a few days for them to process the order, but it generally gets here a day or so before the projected date and always in good condition. I give them a thumbs up!!!

I've ordered many an item over the last 20 years from the US and taxes have never been an issue. I order, pay the bill and shipping and that's it. If it's under $100 dollars there is no Duty to pay either...

Back