For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

Display Stand/Storage rack

Discussion in 'Open Bar!' started by DaveG, May 7, 2018.

1. DaveG

DaveG Detail Decepticon! Very Likeable!

While testing or comparing airbrushes, I may sometimes have upward of a dozen out at one time. Even when they are not out, I run into issues with where to put them, and how to store and display what I have... I have "some"...

So, I started working on machining a few pieces that may help with my needs. The "system" will center around a pillar, or socket, that is machined to fit the OD of a quick connect fitting. I use an internal O-ring to hold the brush securely, and have sizes for all the brushes that I have - Standard 1/8" like Iwata, Grex, Olympos, etc., a size for Paasche, a size for Badger QC's, and several odd ball sizes that I need for some of the older, or European stuff. The O-rings keep the finishes on everything safe and sound from marring, and are easily replaceable if worn or damaged. The pillar parts plug into a single unit base, or eventually a beam with perhaps a dozen or more sockets available. A few of these rack type systems should make it easy for me to get the brushes into a display cabinet and on shelves in some sort of order, keeping them neat and safe. Hope you like it!

display stand1.jpg display stand2.jpg
    Last edited: May 7, 2018
  2. Jurien72

Jurien72 Have Airbrush - Will Travel!

Have you seen the stands from Spraygunner? There is some sort of clip inside them that locks into a standard QD- no multiple sizes needed. What does it cost you to machine those? The SG stands are only like $8
    DaveG likes this.
  3. DaveG

DaveG Detail Decepticon! Very Likeable!

I have seen the stands from Spraygunner - I am pretty sure they also use an O-ring. I had all the materials already in inventory, left over from an older en-devour, so it is free to make the holders - I am here all day anyhow ;). Going with the stem on the QC fitting would make the display taller than I want for the space that I have to work within. It will also be more beneficial to have multiples of brushes held in one display beam, vs. many individual units... and lastly, even at $8, the cost would start to add up quickly.
  4. Leakyvalve

Leakyvalve Needle-chuck Ninja

Damn fine machine work.
  5. Jurien72

Jurien72 Have Airbrush - Will Travel!

Yes I wouldn't recommend someone with your collection paying $8 a stand lol. I just thought if you had one you could see how they do the connection. It certainly isn't an o-ring. I'd love a custom machined stand for some of my brushes. (hint hint lol)
    jord001 likes this.