DIY store compressor?

B

Bodice ripper

Hello.

Please excuse me signing up and barrelling in with questions.

I have managed to kill two compressors in the space of a year. The little hobby store, tankless, about a hundred quid type. From what I can tell, it's because I tend to paint for 6-8 hours at a time, and they overheat.

I was wondering if I can buy a compressor at B&Q? I cannot afford any of the higher-end airbrush specific ones, and even if I could I would have to ship it in (I am in Ireland).

The have some oilless ones in B&Q, between 6 and 24 litres, is that workable?

Hello.

Please excuse me signing up and barrelling in with questions.

I have managed to kill two compressors in the space of a year. The little hobby store, tankless, about a hundred quid type. From what I can tell, it's because I tend to paint for 6-8 hours at a time, and they overheat.

I was wondering if I can buy a compressor at B&Q? I cannot afford any of the higher-end airbrush specific ones, and even if I could I would have to ship it in (I am in Ireland).

The have some oilless ones in B&Q, between 6 and 24 litres, is that workable?

Your question is a little vague but I assume you are intending to use it for an airbrush, so basically the short answer is yes, any compressor at all can be used for airbrushing, after all, air is air, lol, however, you will find the DIY compressor extremely noisy, but if you handle that no problem, and on ether consideration is that the DIY compressor has a standard 1/4 fitting so you need an adapter to convert to 1/8 which your airbrush is, yof will also need a combined air adjuster/moisture filter.

I also assume you are in Britain since you mention "quid" and "B&Q"

No harm in asking questions, that's what we're here for;) but why not pop along to the intro section and introduce yourself?, tell us what brush you and have and what you like paint, going by your choice of username, I'll take a stab at body painting, lol

You will only be forgiven if you head over to the introduction section http://www.airbrushforum.org/introductions/ and give us a proper intro,
where on the globe you are, what you enjoy doing, what type of airbrushing you do what brush, what paint etc etc - just so we don't 'assume' anything,

other than that, Madbrush has answered your question..

You will only be forgiven if you head over to the introduction section http://www.airbrushforum.org/introductions/ and give us a proper intro,
where on the globe you are, what you enjoy doing, what type of airbrushing you do what brush, what paint etc etc - just so we don't 'assume' anything,

other than that, Madbrush has answered your question..

She is somewhere in Britain close to a B&Q DIY store otherwise she would want to buy the compressor at Home Base, lol

oh take your Sherlock hat off !! you spoil all our fun, you know we're a nosey bunch and want to know what all the newbies had for breakfast.... how else can we put them under the microscope and see if they can handle the heat ! ?

:D The Sherlock comment was aimed at MadBrush. - You should still head to the intro section

I paint canvases. Just starting out.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    176.6 KB · Views: 29
Malky she paints tortoises shells so they feel like they have moved into a upmarket home once in a while:whistling:

Back