Do I really, really really need a Micron??????

I will be straight up honest with you. No you don't need one. No one needs one. The "question" is do you WANT one? I wanted one. I can get just as fine or sometimes finer detail with my HP-B. But cleaning the B is more of a pain. I love my Microns. The SB I just got is awesome. If I didn't have the HP-B I would have ordered the Micron B and not the Micron SB. In my experience it is a bit easier to get detail with the B than the SB. The biggest advantage to me with a Micron is the cleaning. You can pull the head off and clean without pulling off the nozzle. The only other advantage with the SB is the multiple side cup sizes. I don't think you would regret it at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
http://fredaw61.wixsite.com/the-artist

see, thats proof @RichardH its all down to individual use and preference. Not that i'm at your skill level @Airbrush Dreams, but i find it easier to get detail with the CM-SB than the CM-B (both .18)

I think Dru Blair has a place in SC and it wouldn't be that far to drive but I would probably have to sign up for one of his classes.:):)
Thanks
Richard
I don't think he would mind you driving over to check out a micron you can aways ask him on this forum as he is a member just send him a pm

I don't comment much but over the years ive gathered quite a few airbrushes and in my experience the Micron makes detail easier to achieve, i don't use my SB all of the time but when i do i get the results i expect. I have several different brands and they are all good in their own rights, my trusty HP-b+ which I use mostly, a DeVilbiss Aerograph Super 63 with a 0.12 setup which is awesome but fiddly, an Olympos 0.18 mp200 which im not keen on and a Richpen 213 Mike Learn Mojo which is a 0.20 and is again excellent at detail but the micron pips them to the post as it makes it easier to get the results. If you can afford one then do it.

Lee

My micron just came yesterday, and I will say it is an awesome brush, but for a fraction of the cost you can get mr. Hobby .18mm ps 770 for $200, and get spare parts as well, I have both and they both do super fine detail, when I get home I'll post pictures of both if I can

My micron just came yesterday, and I will say it is an awesome brush, but for a fraction of the cost you can get mr. Hobby .18mm ps 770 for $200, and get spare parts as well, I have both and they both do super fine detail, when I get home I'll post pictures of both if I can

That is interesting. It's probably the first micron knockoff that actually looks like somebody took some time to make it "theirs". I would actually like to see what others are saying about them.

Interesting discussion as I was also debating or getting one too. The comments on here are very positive though and one of the main reasons I want one is because the HP C+ I have has been my workhorse for about ten years but it does have it limitations. During that time I have never repalced anything and it has I'm afraid to admit been rather abused over the years. I just find Iwatas incredible reliable and durable so I guess in the end you really do get what you pay for so I'm 99.9% certain I will be taking the plunge!

Back