Drum roll please...

F

Fatso

Newest to the forum.. Fatso!!!.
A fresh fish here, im soo new that my shirt still smells like Target.

Okay... So ive recently acquired this infatuation with picking up an airbrush... Ive thought about it.. And thought about it.. I even downloaded the autodesk app and have made some pretty gnarly digital airbrush peices.. (But thats not real enough for me).. Soooo 100 bux later, amazon prime dropped off my starter kit with 3 Master brushes (G22, G25, and E91) 1/2 HP comp, a few colors, a reducer, some cleaner, and a BARE MINIMUM how to book... I didnt find didly for info or what-not's... So hello all... Looking forward to great artwork and great advise!

Welcome Fatso,
at a guess I'm thinking you are in the US ?
are you thinking of doing art work / t-shirts ?
Generally we don't recommend kits as they are normally :poo: but seeing as you've already bought it then play around, learn how to tear down a brush (which is easy) and put it back together again (which can be a little more challenging) I originally bought a couple of cheapy brushes, they taught me lots, and frustrated me lots too, I was never sure if it was me or the brush that was the issue.

what paint did you wind up getting..... paint isn't paint and can be the single most frustrating part of the process.

Hey Fatso, from the UK. All you need to know around here. I thought about ABing for maybe 10 years before I picked one up. If Id done it when I first thought of it, I might have got it licked by now lol.

Now for the possibly bad news....the compressors in kits usually aren't worth diddly. If it doesn't have a tank it likely wont keep up, and will pulse so spray wont be consistant, constant running means over heating and cutting out, :( The brushes will get you started. They seem to be the better of the "copied" brushes, but you will probably want to upgrade at some point.

The best news is you found this site, and everyone will get you on your way. To help with more specific advice, what type/style/surface of airbrushing are you interested in, and what paints do you have or are thinking of using?

Hey welcome from New Zealand - some good thoughts to consider here already!

Welcome home Fatso , Where is Stinky and stretch at LMAO (Casper the friendly ghost reference for those who may not know)

You have found a great place to learn . Now the question is what is your end goals ? T shirts (from Target) ,canvas , tins and tanks , auto or everything?
Where on this planet you live ?

I loved Casper! LOL Gee, I guess my little mind was warped back then too. Ghosts and gools, skulls and creepy things. LOL
Anyway, welcome to the forum!! You've found the right place. Lots of AB gurus here. :)

Back