Eclipse CS Seal Question.

SiRoxx

Party Boy UK Style
Staff member
Mod
Hey Guys,
I often read that sealing the air cap or nozzle can help cure erratic spraying.
Last time I painted I could not seem to get the brush to behave. I’m as confident as I can be that my reduction and pressure were pretty much right, so was reading a couple of threads for help and saw that sealing with chapstick or beeswax often helps. Because the Eclipse CS has the floating nozzle that should be fine (can’t see any damage). So where should I attempt to seal?

b71563ff7642adc50507990adf4a1c96.jpg

The O ring between the body and part 3 on the diagram is good and tight but not over done.
So I’m thinking it should be the thread between parts 2 & 3.
Many thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andre nailed it - exactly the same thing/places I do it. I use a toothpick to apply the chapstick or K33. If I am feeling fancy, I carve the toothpick into a flat blade with an Xacto knife. Particularly on the base of the nozzle, you want to go sparingly, as when it is inserted into it's taper it will squish out - i use the toothpick to remove the excess before putting the nozzle cap on.

Andre nailed it - exactly the same thing/places I do it. I use a toothpick to apply the chapstick or K33. If I am feeling fancy, I carve the toothpick into a flat blade with an Xacto knife. Particularly on the base of the nozzle, you want to go sparingly, as when it is inserted into it's taper it will squish out - i use the toothpick to remove the excess before putting the nozzle cap on.
Thanks very much Dave. I’d gotten in the habit of stripping the whole thing down after every session to clean it. But thinking about it I guess there’s not a lot of need to separate the head and the nozzle cap once I’ve sealed them. Or do I have that wrong?

The only time I do a total break down is if it will be a while before I can paint or I get a clog that I have to soak the nozzle a while to get it out.

The only time I do a total break down is if it will be a while before I can paint or I get a clog that I have to soak the nozzle a while to get it out.
That makes sense. I think I’ve been a little over the top with my cleaning regime. Not that you can have it too clean, just that I don’t think I need to do the level of breakdown that I have been.

Back