Eclipse hp-bcs questions..

S

Susi

Here again, lol
Just when I gave up on thought of buying a new AB and instead ordered the conversion kit to 0.3 for Revolution.. I got Eclipse hp-bcs for Christmas, totally unexpectedly. It came with blue paint in a box (awesome! ) and for sure I had to do a test run. So so so much more control compared to Revolution and balance..unbelievable.

Let's get to the never ending questions then which to I couldn't find clear answer by using search and google.
Is there a jar (instead of bottle) which would fit or way to fit a jar to bcs?
I felt that I was wasting major amount (ok, we're talking about drops, but expensive ones) of paint with the bottle. Not only that, but if I pour the excess paint back to the bottle..with most paints there is also reducer involved so pouring it back doesn't sound reasonable to me..
Any advice would be appreciated :)

I knew I could count on you guys! Thank you!! I read your post @AndreZA , but I wasn't sure if they fit by reading the post, just that they came with your ab :)

Thanks for the last links, @michael13 I'lol make an order today :thumbsup:

I have used the cups also and fast blast bottles. You can cap off the tube with the little red caps and I stick a toothpick in the breather hole. They keep pretty good for a while like that. You can also get soled caps for the bottle and only have to clean out the siphon tube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought the picture with it attached was a dead giveaway that it does fit. It is a great combo and it is a big mistake from Iwata not to offer the option.

Would've been..for some reason my phone doesn't always show pictures so now that I knew to refresh the page and ta-da! Pictures! Lol Amazing work btw..unbelievable detail on the portrait :)

I thought the picture with it attached was a dead giveaway that it does fit. It is a great combo and it is a big mistake from Iwata not to offer the option.

You're right! Just yesterday used an AB with those metal cups. But they have another angle of the conic tube that comes inside the AB body. So they do not fit perfectly as Iwata's bottles. The still work, but it definitely would be much better to have perfect fit as original Iwata's cup's do.
Do your cups from non iwata brand have the same angle as Iwata's bottles tubes or not?

I ordered the lids made with metal for the metal cups. I think I should post a thread. Very convenient to have them! The AB becomes another AB, actually. No paint dry inside the cups, no spilting, convenient work, etc.

I've also reshaped 0,5mm nozzle of my HP-BCS, now it has long taper. I can get details that I couldn't dream of with the stock needle taper.
With lidded metal paint cup it's now another airbrush!:)

@Vladimir, I have no idea if the tubes are the same angle as the bottles as I do not have a bottle. The official Iwata Big Mouth bottles has plastic spouts so that is why they fit more snug.

Harder and Steenbeck also makes cups for their suction feed guns. It's the same size as the 5ml cups found on the Evolution and Infinity. You also get a cap for those and they are available in left or right handed models.

Here are all the attachments I have that fits the BCS.

I forgot I had a bottle. I used it for my Badger 150. It's a no name brand bottle from China. It works well but the head tube needs an off-set because it is pushing against the hose. Second is the stock Badger cup and third the Paasche cup with bent tube.

all_cups.jpg
Here you can see how the bottle would be in the way of the hose.
with_bottle.jpg

Badger cup when working horizontally.
with_badger_cup_horiz.jpg

Paasche cup when working horizontally.
with_paasche_cup_horiz.jpg

Badger cup when working diagonally.
with_badger_cup_diag.jpg

Paasche cup when working diagonally.
with_paasche_cup_diag.jpg
As you can see each design has its place.

Not sure if this is helpful or not, but you can get the paasche paint cups with either straight tubes or curved tubes, the curved one is designed for the H airbrush (perhaps also the V), and the straight one is designed for the VL airbrush. You can see the different types here.

These are mine bottom attachments.
I've made needle's taper longer. Stock needle has short taper. Now it's possible to do more detailed work with 0,5mm setup.
I prefer to work standing at the easel, so what's shown works for me.
All the bottles allow to use regular AB QD. No problems with their size. 3rd bottle is Iwata original and 5th one either (Big Mouth), others are chinese made. Metal cup lid is custom made, this particular one is made with titanium. I have other lids made with stainless steel for such cups, but haven't sanded and polished them yet.
I find work with bottom metal cups very convenient. I wish bottom feed airbrushes don't have micron's head:) As bottom cups more convenient to clean than those for SB models.
Some people don't like BCS's ergonomics, but I love this airbrush. It has very convenient body to work with.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 32
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    101.9 KB · Views: 35
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    98.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 29
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    131.9 KB · Views: 28
Ok..paasche cup arrived yesterday and it fits like a glove, I hope to have some time today to try it out :) Thanks again everyone!
@Vladimir tapering the needle for more detailed work sounds interesting, I'm still far from that point, but..how did you do it?

I tried my 0.3 setup from the CS in the BCS and it turned it into a gun that can do pretty good detail for a crazy amount of time if you fit a bottle.

I tried my 0.3 setup from the CS in the BCS and it turned it into a gun that can do pretty good detail for a crazy amount of time if you fit a bottle.
Good to know..I've been actually wondering how many Iwata parts are interchangeable between airbrushes. Might try that one in the future, thank you

Back