ELite-275XP issues?

D

dave_D

I have a dual compressor Elite-275XP which i believe is made by pointzero. I noticed that there is what appears to be an air pressure release opening that the Solenoid is wrapped around. The problem I am having is when I turn the damn thing on it fills the tank but once filled this valve kicks in immediately starts releasing air from the tank. The tank does not empty but the compressor then comes on to keep the pressure regulated to the assigned setting. It never did this before. If I set it to say 15 PSI and turned on the compressor it filled the tank then stopped. I could use my airbrush for a good few minutes before the pressure dropped in the tank and the compressor came back on. It never bled air from this valve. Now it does it all the time and the compressor is getting hot becuase its constantly having to come on.

Here's a picture of the issue. The solenoid is the black box which is hollow in the center through which a brass tube passes and which exits as shown in the picture.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• xp275.jpg
    xp275.jpg
    927.4 KB · Views: 33
sounds like it might have something stuck in it or broken,can you take it apart or run a piece of wire up in the hole to see if you can get it unstuck

I checked that and it appears the tube has some type of spring loaded catch inside it that I believe works in conjunction with the solenoid that surrounds it.

That must be the pressure switch, try to adjust it with the nut that can be seen in the picture, maybe it went loose with the vibration through time!!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Yes, I actually backed off the nut and took it completely off and slid off the solenoid. I then slid the solenoid back on and tightened the nut nice and tight but it still just blows out most of the air in the tank. I say most because it does stop at one point but when it does the compressor starts to make a humming sound. Pressure on the regulator is still good but when I run my airbrush for just a few seconds the compressor comes back on again. It constantly goes through this cycle and gets pretty hot after awhile all in an attempt to maintain the pressure set by the regulator.

No. The pressure switch is hard wired into the unit.

However, as I take a closer look its appears to be working as it should. I don't think I understand how these things are suppose to work.
The solenoid valve is suppose to release the air as I described. It's also called an unloader valve. It's purpose is to release the air trapped in the cylinders and pipes so that start up of the compressor is easier. It's definitely not releasing all the air in the tank so the pressure switch is working. and also the inlet valve. If they weren't all the air in the tank would bleed out from the solenoid valve. The only issue I have is the compressor is getting awfully hot. It hasn't overheated and shut off but let's hope it doesn't. The last compressor I had did this and wrecked the cylinders.

Check the one way valve, after the pressure switch and before the tank, some times it doesn't close as fast as it should do it and let the air in the tank to escape to the pressure switch

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

I have a dual compressor Elite-275XP which i believe is made by pointzero. I noticed that there is what appears to be an air pressure release opening that the Solenoid is wrapped around. The problem I am having is when I turn the damn thing on it fills the tank but once filled this valve kicks in immediately starts releasing air from the tank. The tank does not empty but the compressor then comes on to keep the pressure regulated to the assigned setting. It never did this before. If I set it to say 15 PSI and turned on the compressor it filled the tank then stopped. I could use my airbrush for a good few minutes before the pressure dropped in the tank and the compressor came back on. It never bled air from this valve. Now it does it all the time and the compressor is getting hot becuase its constantly having to come on.

Here's a picture of the issue. The solenoid is the black box which is hollow in the center through which a brass tube passes and which exits as shown in the picture.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I'm having the exact same issue, with the exact same compressor, and I'm wondering if you've found any solution?

I'm having the exact same issue, with the exact same compressor, and I'm wondering if you've found any solution?

No, I did not. The compressor is a piece of crap. Now the pressure switch does not work which means it just continually runs till it overheats and shuts down. A word of warning to others don't buy no name Chinese made compressors. They are junk. They use the cheapest materials which only last for about a year which is exactly the length of their warranty. I also had a Paasche tankless compressor. Junk as well. I am going only with Iwata or Sparmax from here on out.

Just a safety point. (sure folks are aware but worth mentioning) if a pressure switch isn't working, don't use the compressor. As above it overheating should make it cut out, but if for any reason it didn't......not good.

Iwata and sparmax are popular choices, but another favourite, which is fairly quiet, and a good price is California Air. Sadly they don't have them in England, but I know many in the US have them and they seem to be well made and long lasting for the money.

No, I did not. The compressor is a piece of crap. Now the pressure switch does not work which means it just continually runs till it overheats and shuts down. A word of warning to others don't buy no name Chinese made compressors. They are junk. They use the cheapest materials which only last for about a year which is exactly the length of their warranty. I also had a Paasche tankless compressor. Junk as well. I am going only with Iwata or Sparmax from here on out.

Thanks, I pretty much came to the same conclusion. It was a great compressor (for the money) for the first year, but now it's junk. I just yesterday ordered an Iwata. Chalk it up to "lesson learned".

Back