Errrrr issues

MrNewAge

Young Tutorling
Got a better compressor then the no tank one I got from tcp.global. Now I can't figure out why the left gauge is not working it stays on twenty.

Picture of the compressor or at least a model number so we can assist. Mine I need to lift then turn to change pressure

Picture of the compressor or at least a model number so we can assist. Mine I need to lift then turn to change pressure
Can't post the pic I tried before says it's too large. On tapatalk on phone and it's a husky 2gallon 110 psi. Can't find anything online anywhere about it it's black.

Is this the one ?
b7669a1b730e0e0e156d649d8272d9c5.jpg

If I guess correctly, the guage that's static is the tank pressure [ internal ] ; there should be a second guage to indicate air flow from the tank [ line pressure ] .
The second one is the one you should be able to adjust, via the lift and turn knob on top of the guage.
This will allow control over the air being fed to the airbrush.
Hope this helps.

If I guess correctly, the guage that's static is the tank pressure [ internal ] ; there should be a second guage to indicate air flow from the tank [ line pressure ] .
The second one is the one you should be able to adjust, via the lift and turn knob on top of the guage.
This will allow control over the air being fed to the airbrush.
Hope this helps.
We are talking in the other thread where I posted the pic slpasha

it may need a regulator...if it dont have one....that would have the adjustment knob...and the regulator should have the gauge mounted on it....

you need to hook your hose up to the side of the regulator just left of the knob that has + - in it it seems to have a plug there

From the pics, it appears that you have connected directly to the air supply tank.
This means the regulator is your only means of adjustment.
There is not a huge amount of difference, but it makes control of your airflow difficult, allows air vibrations from the compressor itself to affect your airbrush and means that to make pressuire adjustments are a pain!
I had similar problems, until I added a water trap/pressure adjustment valve set up into the outlet side of the compressor.
I also added a stabilizer tank into it as well.
This totally removed any of the "flutter" I was getting and meant that I didn't have to go to the compressor itself every time I wanted to change the pressure.
That got "old" real quick, I can tell you!

you need to hook your hose up to the side of the regulator just left of the knob that has + - in it it seems to have a plug there
There is no plug on it when I have it filling up if I turn the knob open it starts to spray out air and the tank pressure goes down quickly...

i would go out and get a water trap regulator and attach it to the compressor befor the hose ...then you can turn compressor regulator up to whatever shut of then you could adjust pressure at hose.....something like this....this one is a cheapo from tcpglobal20150321_144231_resized.jpg

Ordinarily, there would have been a bung or plug in it to stop that happening and direct all the air to the storage tank.
This is where I would put in a connector of the right size for your airbrush line because this is where you'll be able to regulate it from.
Pic 1 shows the pressure regulator valve.[ the left hand side should be the controlled outlet side - if I'm right? ]
Boneman is correct in that this is where you need to have your line connected
Pic 2 is the Air Pressure release valve - an important safety item that prevents over pressurization of the tank. It is pre set to release at a certain percentage over the rating of the tank. Prevents explosions - or eruptions of lines and other attatched bits.
Pic 3 looks to me like an outlet for a water trap or original air drain.
Mine has a release valve on it's bum, making it easy to quickly depressurize the tank and expell any build up of moisture [ thanks for the reminder =I gotta do that!].
These are just my observations from your pics. Most compressors a re set in basically the same way so it should be easy to sort.

Put your airbrush hose in on the left side of the orange knob. I would also go and get a water trap, then put that between where I just said and your a\b hose....
Cheers

Put your airbrush hose in on the left side of the orange knob. I would also go and get a water trap, then put that between where I just said and your a\b hose....
Cheers

thats what i thought to....

Back