Etac cost!!

Clive Stevens

Mac-Valve Maestro!
Can anyone explain to me, in simple terms (I have my own ideas why) why ordering etac from various sources varies in cost so much.

Looking at the same order details.

From USairbrush - $68, about £45. Delivery to the UK to be confirmed (if I can wait that long, I'll have delivered to my hotel in Fort Worth when I'm over in April)
From Europe - €106 delivered, about £78
From the UK distributor - £101, plus delivery!!!!

If I had to guess, it would be a combination of shipping costs, tax/tariffs, and additional costs for transporting hazardous materials. Although, I'm not sure ETAC would fall into that category, but it probably wouldn't stop them from adding on the fees anyway.

Dutch tax is a good starting point, and not just vat but also added taxes related environmental protection, one the many government scans in place here ensure that by the end of the financial year your left with around 15% of your hard earned cash.

In England I can buy 5 litres of sikkens high gloss house paint for around €30 here in Holland where it's made it costs £ 52 for one litre, when I ask why that is they say it's to protect the environment, which means every other country in world is still breathing water instead of air.

I understand the tax issue, and the fact that from Holland it will cost more, but why is the UK cost SO much more!!

Surely to get from the US where it's produced, to mainland Europe, it has to go PAST the UK!!:):):)

I understand the tax issue, and the fact that from Holland it will cost more, but why is the UK cost SO much more!!

Surely to get from the US where it's produced, to mainland Europe, it has to go PAST the UK!!:):):)

Obviously an even better scam, lol, more than likely a hefty export tax because it's not made in brittain.

It's all just too wierd, in order to get the best deal you can you would have to order from many different countries since some things are cheaper from one country than they are in another.

I buy everything local from the shop, they don't stick etac silo I don't buy it, but since dearer than what I use I still won't buy it.

I am lucky enough to be less than one hour away from almost every Dutch airbrush shop so I pick all my stuff up personally, same day delivery and free shipping very time:)

Yeah I'm there next week, not sure what the laws are for putting stuff like that in my luggage but happy to pick some up if you want and then post when back home in blighty

Yeah I'm there next week, not sure what the laws are for putting stuff like that in my luggage but happy to pick some up if you want and then post when back home in blighty

Are you flying or driving? I'm twenty minutes from rotterdam and 15 minutes from Gorinchem.

Flying into Amsterdam then will be driving around for various meetings in Rotterdam, gorinchem etc the up to Amsterdam for a few meetings then home

Cheers buddy, but I'll probably resist the urge to buy, and wait til I'm in the US in April

Flying into Amsterdam then will be driving around for various meetings in Rotterdam, gorinchem etc the up to Amsterdam for a few meetings then home

So your flying back the same day then, that doesn't leave you much time for a good pissup, lol

Will let ya know, often have to take customers out to dinner but will keep you Posted. Always up for a pint :)

A PINT.... in AMSTERDAM..... I spent £600 in a 2 day visit... Never had a pint though.... I think it was a good weekend, but couldn't be sure!
That was 1994 lol

Love to go back some time! Coffee shops are great.

Lol ah I work all over Europe so tend to be a good boy and just stick to a beer or two in the evening not worth losing my job really

I grow to 6'4" and weigh in at 24 stone of pure muscle after 3 pints.... Only 5'6" and 9 stone, not good for me!

Back