For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

examples of different airbrush styles

Discussion in 'Forum Ideas!' started by Kat Wolffpack, Feb 11, 2015.

1. basepaint

basepaint Air-Valve Autobot!

Just keep's you regular:poo::poo:lollollollollol
    RebelAir likes this.
  2. MaxxOmega

MaxxOmega Young Tutorling

MMMM McDonalds...Funny thing...Several years ago, I was having trouble keeping down any food I ate. I was producing too much stomach acid and would throw up 20 minutes after I ate. I finally went on some excellent medication that works. But before I got on the meds, the only food I could eat and keep down was McDonalds...
  3. AndreZA

AndreZA Elite Member! Elite Member! Artist of the Month!

You were just fighting chemicals with chemicals.
  4. The dude

The dude Elite Member! Elite Member!

I found that if you eat the box and throw away the burger it tastes better and you stay fuller for longerlollol
  5. mickolaus

mickolaus Double Actioner

@Kat Wolffpack ...Ok, here goes...I started airbrushing in the seventies but that was with solvent paints like laquer and had enough of that by the eighties when I bought another airbrush and started seeking out where I could by shirts by the cheepest ways possible. Ok, also I practiced at home allot. Next, I got the guts to go into a mall where a girl had a kiosk (sp?) I took in a shirt and asked if she could spare enough room for a cart, a small diaphram compressor and my eisel (light, display alluminum). My only want was a portion of the work I attracted. I only did this on Saturdays. She agreed to see what I could do. Malls have some creepy overseers, but once I showed the paint that I used wasn't harmful, I was in. Well, an airbrusher attracts attention and with that, buisness. I did things for people that brought in pictures, practicing at home, I checked out what was quick and simple pictures of cartoons and cartoon personalities. I had done allot of writing with the brush, so the usual two hearts w/names in them sold and like Bill the cat etc. People came to me that were going to the shore and got what they wanted cheaper where I was and wore it to the shore...she had the heat press so I was good to go...
    Kat Wolffpack likes this.
  6. Kat Wolffpack

Kat Wolffpack Double Actioner

@mickolaus.. Thank you so much just as the world was beginning to pass me by in the art business your reply drew me back onto this site which i love and hadnt been engaged in for awhile. All my family thinks i should start selling shirts now and i signed up of ETSY which people sale homemade things online and my friend even told me she would help me start another online site where people would just by the stencils i make to do thier own shirts or for whatever project. Its been almost a year to when i first started and my most out put of shirts i ever made in one day was 8 and with airbrushing detail like using white to make things stand out takes alot of time lol. or maybe im just slow. I got my first order and they wanted to now how much for a GOOD FELLAS shirt and i told them for two LG FREE for now i think im trying to just get what i do out there on FB and through family and see what happens but for some reason im nervous like im not where i want to be yet so not sure if i think my art is good enough to sell and i still suck at airbrushing names i have sloppy writing even on paper LOL . so thank you for telling me you had that great idea of doing that maybe ill have the drive to maybe start at my sons school functions and take it from there, but when do you know its good enough to sell?? please look at my art pics and tell me what you think if its more time practicing then thats what ill do thanks again.
  7. mickolaus

8. mickolaus

Ok, I'm having a problem navigating and not understanding the terms when used. I would like to go where your work is if you tell me. I started out with strickly white t's...Reason was then and I don't know about now, but girls and kids were wearing them large so I went to x-large whites, good qulaity. Now in the beginning I went to a local manufactuer and made friends with the lady that took care of secounds and eventually got shirts and night shirts that were secounds, but with very little wrong with them. Knowing someone that sees them all the time will be helpful. Like out of one box of nightshirts sent out there might have been most that were ok like 5 out of six saved for me. I sold allot of these where I worked. I look like a biker so and do this anyway anywhere...be nice, kind and respectful of the sort of position she was in. Next I went to a place in a larger city and they would sell me firsts, but they mostley sold to screen printers because of the bulk. So the nice ladies in there allowed me to by firsts, but in the three dozen range. From what you say maybe it will be best to us secounds like I did, to practice on, but all the time making them sellable. When I worked in the mall she (who rented the kiosk, supplied the shirts. Ya gotta heat most so for just starting run an iron over the finished product at the highest cotten setting and Make sure, really sure, they know to wash them in cold water. Ok, then I had a teacher that said it was fun to do charactatures. I really thought it would be a blast to do kids parties. You have to be firm about control of the kids there. Your not there to baby sit. Kids and adults are caught up in the fact that they really can't see the paint go on the shirt from the airbrush...I used a VL-3, a small pair of needle nose pliers and a adjustable wrench. Extra needles and tips and a tupperware bowl w/water in which to stick the end of the brush and blow water into it to clean the brush. The bottles were cleaned and the paint was strained each Friday night for every Saturday. Also, of course the brush. Now if you could point me to your work, I would like to see it. (before they kick me outa here) Now with a small compressor, if you can find one of those roll behind things, you won't need the cart and won't need that extra room. I wish you all the happiness I got from doing this and wear a dust mask at least. And with a little improvision on your part, you will get people asking if you can do more...Practice some popular things and before you know it, your speed will show. And now do things that you like and get going. Be concerned with plagerizing, but as you have seen how many do beach scenes.
    Kat Wolffpack likes this.