Extender - trans base - top binder

Diegojavbau

Air-Valve Autobot!
Another question on t-shirts.

Is there any difference between extender , trans base and top binder ?

As far as I know extender is the same as trans base , so I use it on t-shirts before start painting , is that correct or am I wrong ?

I see in a tutorial that after painting a t-shirt is good to cover it with top binder and heat sealing , because this will make the painting last longer .

Can I use the extender as a top binder or is not the same ?

Thanks for your patinece

The only one I can tell you for sure, is the Trans base you can spray the area you want to paint with Trans base then heat set it. Once you paint your artwork, then spray the art with Trans base again then heat set that. I would assume you could spray a top binder over the art and heat set it, but I do not have experience with that or the extender.

Another question on t-shirts.

Is there any difference between extender , trans base and top binder ?

As far as I know extender is the same as trans base , so I use it on t-shirts before start painting , is that correct or am I wrong ?

I see in a tutorial that after painting a t-shirt is good to cover it with top binder and heat sealing , because this will make the painting last longer .

Can I use the extender as a top binder or is not the same ?

Thanks for your patinece

Yes! Lol!

The trans base if sprayed over the top of the art, then heat set, will make it a bit shiny though. It will help to protect the paint. Whatever transparent medium you use, just depends on the paint brand, that is one issue with all the paint brands and what everyone can get where they live. The transparent base first allows the shirt to be pressed giving a very smooth surface to paint on. Another thing I like to do is apply spray adhesive to the board before putting the shirt on the board, then when I heat set with an iron, it not only smooths out the shirt, it sticks to the board so it can't move around when I paint. I usually paint shirts at 50-60 psi.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Back