fez air!

Fez I'm also going diy and i was wondering where you got the jun air tank. Need a cheap tank :)

Fez I'm also going diy and i was wondering where you got the jun air tank. Need a cheap tank :)

Fezzly got it off ebay and I believe the bloke has more. Personally I would trawl through ebay or Marktplaats.nl for a 25L scrapper with bust motor and/or compressor. That way you only have to plumb in the fridge compessor/s of your choice as you will have all the safety valves, pressure switches and pipe work aleady there.

Andy

Yup thats right I did get it from eBay.... from a air comp sales and service place in Birmingham. .. he did have 4 in total may have another left rick.... although what Talla is saying makes sense. ... I just got this new tank as it was as cheap as a used / non running comp and thought is reputable manufacturer. .. can let you know address. .. they may get some more come in if they hadn't got any in now

Yup thats right I did get it from eBay.... from a air comp sales and service place in Birmingham. .. he did have 4 in total may have another left rick.... although what Talla is saying makes sense. ... I just got this new tank as it was as cheap as a used / non running comp and thought is reputable manufacturer. .. can let you know address. .. they may get some more come in if they hadn't got any in now

Feck me Fezz ... when have I ever made sense! Your ruining my reputation for being an class1 lunatic!

i use petrol hoses that are stronger than normal its fit the small pipes and if it build up to big pressuer it can slide of if u use this metal klips that u screw on and because i have two compressor i use a T peace from the sprinklersystem on a car its perfect and if it build up to big pressuer some where it can slide of and not explode acutally i am not sure of it but i heard that i even can blow my tank and its up to 10 bar so i want to be sure i niot get to hig pressure :angel:

Shouldn't the pressure release valve take care of this alf?? The hoses I'll be using are rated to above 300psi and the pressure switch goes to 115.... the pressure valve is125 psi.... by setting them lower I shouldn't have to much trouble I reckon.... also the air tank is rated to 200 psi. ... I'm hoping not all things would fail at once resulting in my possible death :0)

I can see where Alf is comming from ... the more failsafes you have the safer you are when things fail!

LOL yes i want to be secure but u have right fez it would be ok but if somthing clog up before the safty valv wich not should happend then the hose will release and the presure go out there. i bought also today a filter for bouth oil and vhater i will show u when i am back at work again and have it put on place i know it sounds wierd that i must go to work but i work in Denmark and my home is in Gearmany so i have for now only posebility to airbrsuh in the evening at my work. and i cant not home yet hehe

Fezzly got it off ebay and I believe the bloke has more. Personally I would trawl through ebay or Marktplaats.nl for a 25L scrapper with bust motor and/or compressor. That way you only have to plumb in the fridge compessor/s of your choice as you will have all the safety valves, pressure switches and pipe work aleady there.

Andy

that was what i did and its much cheper and u have almost all finish only some conectings and pipes. super

Getting my bits together now. .... just gauges.... traps. .. regulator and hoses to go20130911_191554.jpg tomorrow I Should be getting a base plate welded on to the mounts so I can attach both motor's. ... recieved check valves today... so can really get cracking once I have mounted the comps

20130913_161451.jpg20130913_161507.jpg20130913_161522.jpg 1St day of The build and its a success.... both compressors bolted on to a plate welded on to house both comps. ... I'm going to add some rubber matting under the compressors to lesson the vibration...
2nd day. .... got the2 comps wired together and running through pressure switch. ... problem. .. one comp running the other not???..... gonna get some testers on it tomorrow and see what the crack is

Might be an issue with one of the motor starters. Were both compressors working previously?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

got it sorted wmlepage......... was a loose wire in there somewhere....... both comps nowwired together and then running through 1 pressure switch and from 1 power cable......
both comps output now nice and strong ........... on to the plumbing side of things.... gotta get some hoses... which ill probably get next week couple of t fittings then im good to go

fez air going live before end of the month TOOT TOOT!!

So close, sounds like you got it, soon quiet compression will begin!

I m moving to moma ferrets house in flarida when I get there no more snoopy land lords no more whats that sound in your room i will be able to construct the compressor from hell lol i want a large tank so i can paint for wa while with out hearing a compressor every 2 seconds post pics i need some ideas

Well I sourced all my components got a bit of copper and a bit of brass and a bit of rubber! Have dry fitted it all just need to empty out old oil, tell with compressor oil, tighten everything up connect intake hose to 2 mini air filters and then bosh! Set my pressures and switch her on!.... . I say I have paid for every part apart from the 2 fridge compressors in total it has cost about £100 to make20131017_222502.jpg

Back