For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

fez air!

Discussion in 'Airbrush Compressors' started by ad fez, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Alf

Alf Elite Member! Elite Member!

nice work man and its also cool with two compressors work so much better lol:triumphant:
  2. wmlepage

wmlepage Elite Member! Elite Member!

If you have a donor compressor a monkey can build a home built compressor. You remove the old noisy compressor from the tank, connect the new quiet compressor, the same way. It's only 2-3 wires, and 1 air line, simple.
  3. tucky

tucky Detail Decepticon!

ok then i guess ill have my wife build one... shes pretty good at peeling bananas:acne:
  4. tucky

tucky Detail Decepticon!

fez if you do not like your voice,, you should try the new product im coming out with... its called a monotone enhancement harmonizer..... it makes your voice sound like your some kind of radio personality...

i use it all the time at work and it has really helped my confidence.. it has also helped me grow more hair on my chestnuts:surprise:
  5. WhiteKnight

WhiteKnight Code Dragon Slayer Admin

Great job fez :)
  6. ad fez

ad fez kind of a big deal = Admington

haha good I'll have 1..... your listening to fez on radio 6 goooooollllllllldd
  7. airbrushingferret

airbrushingferret Air-Valve Autobot!

I need to look into this need ferret air
  8. Cordyk

Cordyk Sheriff Woody (Admington) Admin

Awesome job mate it looks and sounds sweet! I think we have 'Compressedairtutor.org':)
  9. Talla

Talla Needle-chuck Ninja

I do agree with you WhiteKnight that the oil used as a certain smell to it! However when I have previously took the tops off these sealed compresssors I have found that the inlet pipes are not flush with the inside wall and can be poked through by upto half an inch or so making it impossible to fully drain the oil, hence the reason I mentioned drilling holes and not drilling holes, and dedending on the point where these pipes enter, that half an inch can be quite a lot of oil! I have thought about using thin PTFE pipe attached to a syringe and poking this in the air inlet and sucking out the old oil but you can not be sure you have reached the bottom of the compressor unit!

Unlike the US or Canda we cannot walk into the local Boots Chemist (Pharmacy) and ask for a litre of SAE40 compressor oil (they would probably look at you like a moron, ask if its made by Johnsons and offer an alternative of baby oil) and I do find it dificult to get the correct type of comp oil locally (Machine mart do stock it for their range of Shush compressors but Machine Mart prices being as they are they would want a kidney and a cornea in exchange!) . I use the BAMBI SB-46 oil at £20 for 1 litre inc P+P it is made for these types of comps and I believe is a slightly lower viscosity than normal comp oil and is non toxic.

Andy
  10. Talla

Talla Needle-chuck Ninja

Fezzles .... Just watch the vid .... That is a piece of super dooper kit mate! How fast does it fill the tank from empty to switch off?

Until you get used to it just keep an eye on how warm the comps get (part of working out their duty cycle). They will get quite hot if run for extended periods continually. Tyr working to a duty cycle of no more than 50% i.e they are off as much as they are on or better ... 25% would be ideal and this was probably about the duty cycle of my old dead Bambi!

Yet again ... congrats mate that is an excellent job! :triumphant:
  11. ad fez

Thanks bud. .... from empty to switch off at 100psi takes about 4 mins 30..... I hadn't used it for painting yet. ... but with output at 25psi on 25 litre tank it should not be on to much. ... hopefully I should be able to hey a bit of painting done tonight so I'll see how it goes. ..... only one prob so far. .. getting s trickle of oil in first moisture trap. ... could it be levels are to high?
  12. Talla

Talla Needle-chuck Ninja

The oil levels will be correct or slightly low as they were factory filled. I believe these types of compressor do chuck out a bit of oil but as I said previously, as it was a closed loop system it always ended up back in the compressor. Just keep your eye on it.
  13. jacksparrow

jacksparrow Elite Member! Elite Member!

That looks superb, really like the air filters, where did you get them from?!
  14. ad fez

hey jack.... i got them from ebaY.... just search mini air filter.... bout £3.50 each
  15. Trem

Trem Elite Member! Elite Member!

Excellent video, very informative.
  16. troppo

troppo Spider Splatterer

Just read this thread and all i can say is thanks guys! I`ve been collecting the bits to make my own comp and his had answered a lot of my questions, by the way Great job Fez
  17. oldhead

oldhead Double Actioner

I was wondering if you left the factory oil in the comp's or if you replaced with something else?
  18. ad fez

It's still got factory oil in at the moment Bro. ... the first moisture/oil trap collects about halfa teaspoon of oil every 3 hour painting session ..... considering that's from 2 comps is not losing very much but I'll give them an empty and top up eventually with proper comp oil.... but at the moment it is running fine..... fyi last night I was spraying fabric and was spraying at around 55psi and comp handled it perfectly with around a 20% duty cycle
  19. wmlepage

wmlepage Elite Member! Elite Member!

Huh. Mine never pushes oil into the trap. And I never seem to find it in the tank. Wonder if I am not putting enough oil in or if my discharge tubes having an upward loop is handling it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  20. oldhead

oldhead Double Actioner

when I build mine I will put a 12" rise on the outlet. We do this on roof units to keep the oil at the unit. This may be something to look into for these diy compressors